OMRON Forums

Download G-Code program to PPMAC

NiCLO

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing a c++ HMI in order to use the PowerPMAC controller. All the PMAC scripts are already in the controller (Global Includes, Kinematic Routines, Libraries, Motion programs and PLC programs).

Until now, the machine users were controlling the machine through PowerPMAC NC 14, and there is an editor (in Auto & MDI mode) to send G/M/...-code to the controller. I'm trying to reproduce this functionality on my HMI but even looking at the ppnc_function.plc file, I didn't find how to do this.

Can you help me on this point ? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

NiCLO

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Basically your HMI will need to load a NC file (list of G,Mcodes) and assure the format is compatible with the currently loaded PMAC G/M Code subroutines which are found in Programs 1000, 1001.

Once the NC file is in tact and ready your HMI will need to download this to the PMAC into a Motion Program buffer. Then tell the PMAC to execute the program.

While it is executing you can monitor the progress line by line (Coord[n].Nsync) and likely on your HMI show some list of the NC file and increment a line indicator to show the progress while executing.

Look to the Power PMAC software and users manuals for details on loading a motion program and executing it on the PMAC, these also cover using NC type G-codes.

With that said the Power PMAC NC14 software has 100's of hours in development associated with the HMI and corresponding PMAC files (function.plc...), so it is well beyond this forum to explain "how to do it". The NC16 program is well worth it's cost and saves you these 100's of hours trying to do it as well. Also the NC14 (now released version is NC16) is 100% configurable allowing to to create whole new panels and change the entire interface to suit your custom application, but still using the engine underneath to do the hard parts. I would encourage you to use the NC16 as a engine and spend your valuable customizing programming time on modifying this engine instead of trying to duplicate it.

However you can surely develop your own NC HMI, this is not so difficult just can take some time both in development and testing, depending on how many options it supports, there are lots of details along the way, so keep asking questions.