OMRON Forums

System Setup not seeing all GATE3 cards

daves

IDE 2.0.3.40, FW 2.0.2.14

We have just noticed my latest customer machine and my test rack don't pick up all the gate 3 cards fitted. The terminal sees them all in the 'intellisense' thing.

For example I have two acc24e3 cards fitted (correctly DIP switched). The attachment shows them appearing in the terminal but not the system setup. The other machine has different cards missing.

I think the IDE used to work OK (I have a 1.7 IDE on another rack looking OK).

I have tried all the usual $$$***, save, repower, etc.

Is there something I can check to see if it is the cards or is this a known IDE thing?

Cheers

Dave

449357090_ppmac-notallacc.thumb.png.23d8d54fe5dd0bf71284d774dcd7e68c.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

since the intellisense shows 2 cards you could query the accoptions. If these don't match the valid combinations the card is not recognized by the IDE

Gate3[0].PartNum

Gate3[0].PartRev

Gate3[0].PartType

Gate3[0].PartOpt1

Gate3[0].PartOpt2

Gate3[0].PartOpt5

Gate3[0].PartOpt6

Gate3[1].PartNum

Gate3[1].PartRev

Gate3[1].PartType

Gate3[1].PartOpt1

Gate3[1].PartOpt2

Gate3[1].PartOpt5

Gate3[1].PartOpt6

Thanks tecnico

Brad actually emailed me off-forum about this and we are currently investigating these very parameters.

My suspicion is that the specific variant of Acc24E3 we use is not supported fully. FYI my cards that don't work have (one phase 16-bit DAC with terminal connector) option type $68, which I think could be unusual...

Gate3[2].PartNum = 604002

Gate3[2].PartRev = 12

Gate3[2].PartType = 1

Gate3[2].PartOpt1 = $32

Gate3[2].PartOpt2 = $68

Gate3[2].PartOpt5 = $0/$32

Gate3[2].PartOpt6 = $0/$68

Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear: The "$0/$32" and "$0/$68" was me describing my 2-axis and 4-axis cards. They are bot $0 on the 2-axis and $32,$68 on the 4-axis.

I got the EEPROM programming information from Brad/Lucien but I don't think I actually want to change anything. I think my $68 option is just not in the IDE's recognised list. All the opt part IDs match the ordered board.

I am waiting for a follow up email from Brad...