Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laser Pulse Control with Power PMAC DSPGATE3
In design of Power PMAC DSPGATE3, multiple features were specifically added with Laser/PWM control applications in mind. This document briefly covers some of these features and provides sample codes for using them such as:

- Pulse Output with Adjustable Frequency and Duty Cycle (PWM)
- Pulse Output with Adjustable Frequency and Duty Cycle using EQU (PWM)
- Burst Pulse Output with Known Count, Frequency and Duty-Cycle
- Equidistance Pulse Output Per Traveled Distance Along the Path

Attached Files
.pdf   Laser Pulse Control with Power PMAC DSPGATE3.pdf (Size: 732.24 KB / Downloads: 127)
Sina Sattari
Hardware Engineering Manager
Delta Tau Data Systems, Inc.
(10-01-2015, 04:45 PM)Sina Wrote: In design of Power PMAC DSPGATE3, multiple features were specifically added with Laser/PWM control applications in mind. This document briefly covers some of these features and provides sample codes for using them such as:

I am looking for some one who had implemented and tested this feature. I try to implement it and get stuck on the page 9 usercode.c
How are you getting stuck, exactly?

If you want to use usrcode.c, make sure you right-click it, select Properties, and set Build Action to Compile. Otherwise, the IDE will ignore that file.
(08-16-2016, 09:49 AM)Clopedandle Wrote: How are you getting stuck, exactly?

If you want to use usrcode.c, make sure you right-click it, select Properties, and set Build Action to Compile. Otherwise, the IDE will ignore that file.

I get stuck at:

Traveled_Distance += sqrt(pow(XAxisPos - PrevXAxisPos,2)+pow(YAxisPos - PrevYAxisPos,2) +pow(ZAxisPos - PrevZAxisPos,2) +pow(BAxisPos - PrevBAxisPos,2) +pow(CAxisPos - PrevCAxisPos,2));
(10-01-2015, 04:45 PM)Sina Wrote: In design of Power PMAC DSPGATE3, multiple features were specifically added with Laser/PWM control applications in mind. This document briefly covers some of these features and provides sample codes for using them such as:

I need to do the Equidistance Pulse output per traveled distance along a path using turbo UMAC. Any examples to follow?
Also would it work instead of using position compare on a phantom axis to use the output of an unused acc24e2a axis set up as an open loop stepper motor in follower mode? Could this achieve higher pulse rates?
I'm mostly a hardware guy.
My programming skills are modest.
Examples would help.
See this document on the FileDepot:
"http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/download.php?f=Power PMAC/Application Notes/Laser Pulse Control with Power PMAC DSPGATE3.pdf"