OMRON Forums

G-Code Subroutines (G-code definition file)

Studebaker

Is a “G-Code” Subroutine collection (G-code definition file) built? In the Turbo we used the following files: MILL.G MILL.M MILL.T Do equivalent files exist for the PPMAC or do we have to translate this code from the Turbo script to the PPMAC script? Surely someone else has already had to do this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='Studebaker' pid='455' dateline='1276525806'] Is a “G-Code” Subroutine collection (G-code definition file) built? In the Turbo we used the following files: MILL.G MILL.M MILL.T Do equivalent files exist for the PPMAC or do we have to translate this code from the Turbo script to the PPMAC script? Surely someone else has already had to do this. [/quote] The architecture is same so you will be still using similar files. If you want to translate Turbo based NC to PowerPMAC I will suggest rewriting to take advantage of new commands introduced in PowerPMAC. Atul

[quote='agovande' pid='456' dateline='1276527676'] [quote='Studebaker' pid='455' dateline='1276525806'] Is a “G-Code” Subroutine collection (G-code definition file) built? In the Turbo we used the following files: MILL.G MILL.M MILL.T Do equivalent files exist for the PPMAC or do we have to translate this code from the Turbo script to the PPMAC script? Surely someone else has already had to do this. [/quote] The architecture is same so you will be still using similar files. If you want to translate Turbo based NC to PowerPMAC I will suggest rewriting to take advantage of new commands introduced in PowerPMAC. Atul [/quote] Reading between the lines, I believe that you're saying that DT doesn't have equivalent files for the PPMAC yet, and that I'll have to make my own. (By translating the Turbo based NC to PPMAC) So I'll have to do work in order to use the PPMAC that I didn't have to do in order to use the Turbo.

[quote='Studebaker' pid='457' dateline='1276529048'] [quote='agovande' pid='456' dateline='1276527676'] [quote='Studebaker' pid='455' dateline='1276525806'] Is a “G-Code” Subroutine collection (G-code definition file) built? In the Turbo we used the following files: MILL.G MILL.M MILL.T Do equivalent files exist for the PPMAC or do we have to translate this code from the Turbo script to the PPMAC script? Surely someone else has already had to do this. [/quote] The architecture is same so you will be still using similar files. If you want to translate Turbo based NC to PowerPMAC I will suggest rewriting to take advantage of new commands introduced in PowerPMAC. Atul [/quote] Reading between the lines, I believe that you're saying that DT doesn't have equivalent files for the PPMAC yet, and that I'll have to make my own. (By translating the Turbo based NC to PPMAC) So I'll have to do work in order to use the PPMAC that I didn't have to do in order to use the Turbo. [/quote] We are in the process of making sample files. In any case you still have to customize these files for your machine specific things. Atul

[quote='agovande' pid='458' dateline='1276530933'] We are in the process of making sample files. In any case you still have to customize these files for your machine specific things. Atul [/quote] That sounds reasonable. How soon will you have the sample files available? You made it sound fairly simple for me to translate the Turbo stuff, so it shouldn't take you guys very long at all. Of course I'll have to customize them for my machine specific things. We had to do that for the Turbo, so that's no big deal.