OMRON Forums

M code aliasing

progrind

Has anyone used the M code aliasing feature? The manual says to edit the alias.ini file. This file doesn't exist. Even if I create it the aliasing doesn't work. The registry says the aliasing file name is NcMcodeAlias.dat. This file name doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='progrind' pid='451' dateline='1276290470'] Has anyone used the M code aliasing feature? The manual says to edit the alias.ini file. This file doesn't exist. Even if I create it the aliasing doesn't work. The registry says the aliasing file name is NcMcodeAlias.dat. This file name doesn't work either. Any suggestions? [/quote] This feature should be operational. Send an E-mail to "Steve Milici" describing the setup you did for this feature. I will take a look at it to see if I can determine what the problem is.

• 4 weeks later...
The final word on this is that it doesn't work. The M code calls will not pass any variables or call a subprogram. The work around for passing variables is something like this. G103P1 //look ahead off G10.1 P1000 K#100 // Passes the value of #100 to P1000 M06 //P1000 is available for use in the M06 code