OMRON Forums

Changing FTP configuration on PMAC

windell747

I changed the password on my PMAC following the instructions found on another post here

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1979

The issue that I'm getting now when I try to upload my code is that the IDE tells me "Could not Connect to Power Pmac FTP client, ...."

I believe that this is because I changed the login password on the PMAC. Is there a place I that I can change the FTP configuration in the IDE?

Right now I had to change the password back in order to upload new code.

thank you,

Windell

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try connecting directly to ftp server with ftp client. Validate that you can login with the *new* password?

I changed the password on my PMAC following the instructions found on another post here

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1979

The issue that I'm getting now when I try to upload my code is that the IDE tells me "Could not Connect to Power Pmac FTP client, ...."

I believe that this is because I changed the login password on the PMAC. Is there a place I that I can change the FTP configuration in the IDE?

Right now I had to change the password back in order to upload new code.

thank you,

Windell

Hello,

I just tried and it seems that I might be doing something wrong because neither the old or new password works when I do the following

ftp://root@pmac2.... (in browser)

Am I supposed to use a different name? to ssh in I use root and the password i set it to and it works fine. I'm it is neither the passwords I set, i have no idea what the password would be.

Thank you very much! When I change the password to the PMAC, for some reason the IDE no longer can connect via FTP. Do you know why this happens? When I change the password back then it's fine.

When you instantiate a direct ftp to pmac, by doing ftp 192.168.0.200 in command prompt (or telnet session) the username and password are both "ftp"

As far as I know, using IDE>>Tools>>Options>>PowerPMAC>>communication setup, you would need to give the correct Linux account credentials for IDE to login to Linux. The defaults are username=root and password=deltatau.

I'm not sure which part of IDE in your case would need to start do a ftp? Is it a specific add-in (like plot tool),.. or when IDE is launched first..

Its been while since I got into the FTP settings but I had reconfigured the FTP server to point to our SDcard and reformatted it for EXT2 (There was some obligatory chown and chmod involved there too).

I kept the same ftp login and password but it appears that the PMAC project type stuff was still being sent to one of the RAM drives and then copied to [PPMAC internal] flash when a save command was issued. I can't recall the details but I remember saying to myself at the time "OK the IDE must be doing everything over SSH...."

For login credentials of the IDE I kept the same root account and default password. Could your problem be that you are trying to log in with the IDE using the FTP credentials instead of the intended root account?

During download there is ftp usage. The IDE uses the logon "ftp:deltatau" although the ftp in the Linux is also anonymous.

I'm logging in as ftp anonymous where anonymous has its root directory mapped to /mnt/sdcard/ftp. That explains things. I can't seem to log in as ftp:deltatau on my own but everything is working so far with the IDE and other FTP clients.

Not to hijack the thread too much but does this seem to be a reasonable way to set up our FTP? If we ever want to tighten security on ftp with a password we will likely want to use a different login name but at that point I think we would be better off doing our transfers with an encrypted connection and dump FTP altogether.