OMRON Forums

Pcommserver COMexception was unhandled

aims

I using VSE C# to develop a winform application. What i want to do is stop the application to read the motor status, speed and position when communication is lost.

I simulate it by unplug the com cable. The error is "The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))". How do I clear the COM object.

Please advice what is the right method to detect the com lost and stop my application.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I know what you mean by saying "restart"??? restart to Pcommserver.exe process or restart the PC???

After the exception error happen, my application become lag and slow. I cant get the motor status but the method getresponcex() is still working but it slow to response a bit.

For this moment, what i notice is when I am using the PEWIN32 PRO to communicate with PMAC turbo and after that, I am run my C# application again, everthings work smoothly.

Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

To reset your comms with the PMAC I do this:

HERE call pcomm function to close the connection

public static void CloseDevice()

{

try

{

if (DeviceNum > -1) Pmac.Close(DeviceNum);

Online = false;

}

catch

{

Online = false;

}

}

Here go to windows and kill the pcommserver process

string processName = "PcommServer";

foreach (Process proc in Process.GetProcessesByName(processName))

{

proc.Kill();

}

Let me know if you need more help with this... I have written a lot of code that will detect when the PMAC connection is lost and make attempts to restore.