OMRON Forums

read motor velocity

aims

Hi Sir,

I notice inside the PcommServer Manual there is a method GetVelocity() and GetNetActualPosition(). But Inside the library (my version is 1.0), I can see the GetNetActualPosition() but I CAN NOT See GetVelocity(). How do I read the velocity of the motor in Turbo Clippper (i am a bit confuse on the calculation)? what method should I use to read the velocity?

Could you please explain or give some example on the formula?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my apologize. I look in the VSE 2010 COM reference is show PCom lib 1.0 so I though is 1.0. In the properties window is show 4.3.3.0.

So, what would you suggest me on how to read the velocity?

Yup...this what i am currently do. P for position and V for velocity But i dont why my UI will pop error on invalid data received on the velocity value after a few second. I am still debuging the UI, perhap it is because of my mistake on the calculation. By the way, could u please provide me the formula to calculate velocity based on the data received by using getresponse(#1V)?? i am sorry tat i am a bit confuse on what is explain in the manual.

Because of the problem, i thinking of using other method then i found out the DPRam method. Unfortunately, it is removed. Thank you