OMRON Forums

what is the solution to ERR018

Naresh

I am using a UMAC turbo PMAC2 CPU. I am trying to move the Baldor AC brushless motor with Motiflex E100 drive through the UMAC. when I am giving a #1j command to enable axis the following error is coming

"Attempt to perform phase reference during move, move during phase reference, or enabling with phase clock error."

I am not using a UMAC for commutation purpose. I am able to read a resolver count in position window.I set the following varibles

I100=1, I101=0,I102=$78202,I103=I104=$3501,I124=$820001 I am enabling the drive from outside with 24V not through the UMAC. when switch on the UMAC automatic DAC output of 0.7voltage is coming out and motor is moving. I am not able to control the motor through the UMAC..

Please anybody help me for this problem...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The value of I19 may not match the IC generating clocks. I19 contains the number of the servo/phase clock-direction I-variable whose value is set by default to 0, indicating that the matching Servo IC or MACRO IC is the source of the servo and phase clock signals for the Turbo PMAC2 system. This I-variable for all other Servo ICs and MACRO ICs in the system is set to 3, indicating that these ICs will use servo and phase clock signals from a source external to them.

#1j does not do anything... Should be #1J/.

Make sure Ixx82 = 0.

Have you done an open loop test first to see if your output matches the direction sense of the encoder? so it does not run away. I7mn0.

Have you set the output mode to DAC? I7mn6. Based on what you said about the voltage out, I am guessing that this is your issue.

Is the amplifier fault signal wired back into the UMAC?

From factory default settings ($$$***), the only changes necessary to get the DAC output are the output mode and disabling the limits.

You should also set Ixx69, Ixx57, and Ixx58 properly for safety.

Do you see any errors in the global or motor status windows?

Thank you very much for your reply.I tried with your suggestions.Following are the observations.

I checked the value of I19 it is 7207, i4900 is showing $4 from this I can say it is a Servo IC number 2, this number is matching to I19 of 7207.I checked the value of i7207 it is zero from this i can say it is internal generation of phase clock and internal generation of servo clock.

I corrected the counting direction of simulated encoder pulses as per the motor shaft movement. Even i7216 value is 3 then it is a DAC output. I made i180=0. after all this my observations are DAC output is continuosly coming with 0.7 volt. In global status window i observed there is a error with Servo/Macro config error. after giving a command of #1J/ again the "Attempt to perform phase reference during move, move during phase reference, or enabling with phase clock error" is coming. our amplifier fault signals are status+,status- , this is a digital output but axis interface pins having analog fault inputs ,can i bypass the giving of fault input status to UMAC. please give the suggestions

Yes, you can disable the amplifier fault input (not recommended). Although it has nothing to do with this problem. You should address the Servo/Macro config error.

Have you downloaded firmware to this cpu recently? If this error persists after issuing a $$$***, followed by a SAVE, and a $$$ then I suspect that you have a wrong or corrupted firmware.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I issued the commands $$$*** and $$$ and SAVE. after this also same error is coming.

I did not done anything regarding firmware.In our Turbo UMAC we have only one Turbo PMAC2 CPU, One 4-axis interface card (ACC-24E2A), one SSI card, one Digital I/P and Digital O/P card, one A to D card and One Power supply card. In all these now I am using only Turbo PMAC2 CPU card and ACC-24E2A card.In Global status window I am seeing the error of Servo/Macro IC config error and after Issuing a command #1J/ error is "Attempt to perform phase reference during move, move during phase reference, or enabling with phase clock error."

Even DAC offset also continuosly coming and motor is moving in open loop mode. when i kept the motor in position mode it is not moving but when i keep it in velocity mode and torque mode then only it is moving.

Could you tell me the procedure to download the firmware to CPU. what are all things to be done to do this.

Please help me in this issue.

Firmware mostly like is not the issue here so there is no need to reinstall it.

Can you check whether jumper E13 is set to pins 2-3? This is necessary for certain revisions of ACC-24E2A to transmit clocks.

Also, can you go to PMAC Resources-->View CPU Resources in PeWin32Pro2 and look if your clocks are stable?

Can you also try removing all cards from the rack except the Turbo PMAC CPU and the ACC-24E2A, issuing $$$*** SAVE $$$, and then trying to set up the motor again? This will help determine whether another card in the rack is the problem.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I checked E13 jumper on ACC-24E2A card it is 2-3 pins.

Even I checked the PMAC resources all are showing some frequencies that are not changing.

I removed all other cards other than Turbo PMAC2 CPU and ACC-24E2A. after doing all these things also coming same error " "Attempt to perform phase reference during move, move during phase reference, or enabling with phase clock error."

Please suggest us to solve this problem.