OMRON Forums

The I2TFault of PowerBrickAC

Sangmo

Hi

I have a proleben about I2TFault set.

I use the IDE Setup to setup a brushless motor, and it works fine.

But after reboot the BrickAC. The I2tFault and AmpFault are high light in Motor Status.

So I can not search pahse.

If I set Motor[1].I2TSet=0, and save. Then I reboot the BrickAC, it will works

fine. Then I reset Motor[1].I2TSet=2354. It's still works fine.

So I write a Power-up PLC to reset the Motor[1].I2TSet with a time-delay.

Then it works fine.

I think it's not normal. But I didn't know the reason.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could indicate that you are having strange transients on power up. Power PMAC performs the I2T calculations even when the motor is killed.

When you re-boot the Brick is this just a software reboot or do you cycle Bus power also (this could be a problem)?

Are you following the "Power On/Off Sequence" as outlined in the manual?

Hi

I have a proleben about I2TFault set.

I use the IDE Setup to setup a brushless motor, and it works fine.

But after reboot the BrickAC. The I2tFault and AmpFault are high light in Motor Status.

So I can not search pahse.

If I set Motor[1].I2TSet=0, and save. Then I reboot the BrickAC, it will works

fine. Then I reset Motor[1].I2TSet=2354. It's still works fine.

So I write a Power-up PLC to reset the Motor[1].I2TSet with a time-delay.

Then it works fine.

I think it's not normal. But I didn't know the reason.

Power Brick AC or L.V. require a startup PLC to setup the amplifiers, it is in the manual, do you have this? I've attached mine as an example (this is for LV). You will need to change some of the naming conventions for the Power Brick AC.

01- poweronreset - Copy.txt

No, this is not normal. It is a compatibility issue between the PMAC and Amplifier firmwares. It will be fixed in a later version of the firmware.

You do need a power-on PLC like Chrisb said. And what you did is fine. You should merge it with this power-on PLC. So that I2T is set prior to energizing any motor.

• 5 months later...

No, this is not normal. It is a compatibility issue between the PMAC and Amplifier firmwares. It will be fixed in a later version of the firmware.

You do need a power-on PLC like Chrisb said. And what you did is fine. You should merge it with this power-on PLC. So that I2T is set prior to energizing any motor.

I am working with a Power Brick AC controller that is running the 1.4.0.27 version firmware. I tried updating the Power PMAC firmware to a newer version but no matter which version I used, the controller no longer detects the amplifiers in the system. I used the System Setup tool to confirm this and the fact that when the BrickAC.Reset element is set to 1, it gives an error that basically says no amplifier was detected in the system.

I believe this might be a compatibility issue between the controller and amplifier firmware as stated above (or not???). Is this a reasonable assumption or do you know of something else that might be going wrong?

Will this compatibility issue be addressed in the next firmware release and is there a tentative date for the release? I have read elsewhere on the forums that there should be a Dec 2015 release...

Thanks,

Chris