OMRON Forums

Turbo PMAC and Windows 8.1 and 10

Alex Anikstein

Some users have experienced issues connecting their Turbo PMAC to a Windows 8.1 (and 10) system via USB, and instead seeing "ACC54E USB" in Device Manager. If you experience this issue:

1. Download the attached .zip file
  2. Extract the contents of it onto a USB Flashdrive connected to your computer
  3. Right click the "ACC54E USB" in Device Manager and select "Update Driver Software"
  4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" and select the flashdrive.

Windows 8.1 should be able to see and properly load the drivers this way, and Device Manager should now show the PMAC under "Motion Controllers".

Windows 8.1 Drivers.zip

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I use this driver for win 10 connect with Ethernet

and after some time about 15 min I lost the connection

It happened many times

I try win 7 with the same connection it stay connected

Is there any new driver that will solve this problem?

thanks

• 2 years later...

It happened many times

thanks

Hi,

we have the same issue now: Ethernet connection between WinPE32 running at a Win10PC and TurboPMac doesn't work.

Mostly the connection is lost after some seconds after establishing it.

Connecting via USB instead is ok.

Pinging the TurboPMac from a Win10 command shell works without showing errors.

Because of changing our PC Operating system from Win7 to Win10 we need a solution.

Is there meanwhile a solution available?

Best regards

Markus

SatisLoh

It happened many times

thanks

Hi,

we have the same issue now: Ethernet connection between WinPE32 running at a Win10PC and TurboPMac doesn't work.

Mostly the connection is lost after some seconds after establishing it.

Connecting via USB instead is ok.

Pinging the TurboPMac from a Win10 command shell works without showing errors.

Because of changing our PC Operating system from Win7 to Win10 we need a solution.

Is there meanwhile a solution available?

Best regards

Markus

SatisLoh

This would be a technical support issue.

Please contact ODT's technical support at:

ODT-Support@omron.com

Subject: Turbo PMAC Ethernet Communication problem with Windows 10

The Turbo PMAC communications driver (PCOMM Server) used to talk to the host PC is fully supported by the following operating systems:

• Windows 7

• Windows XP

For Windows 10, the PMAC communications driver allows the user to communicate to the host PC via USB and Serial port without any issues.

Communications over Ethernet should not be an issue except in the case of a “$$$***” command in the terminal window. This will cause a Windows “WSAETIMEDOUT” (sometimes also “WSAECONNABORTED” or “WSAECONNREFUSED”) error. PMAC will have successfully received and processed the “$$$***” command but the Executive will “crash” and will need to be restarted. It may be necessary to use the Windows “Task Manager” to kill the “Pcommserver.exe” process as it may get “orphaned”. Once restarted a “save” command can then be issued and other Executive tasks can be performed.

Since Windows 10 is not fully supported by the Turbo PMAC PCOMM server, ODT recommends using the Windows 7 operating system if Ethernet communications is used for the customer application.

Hello,

With PeWin32 4.4 (we used 4.2.14 until now) the Ethernet-TCPIP communication of the Windows10-PC with the TurboPMac/PC104 is now stable.

Also our HMI application which uses the PComm32.dll communicates now stable with the TurboPMac/PC104 .

After upgrading the Windows10/2016 and new installation of the PComm32 libraries the problem has been obviousley solved.

Best regards

Markus

Subject: Turbo PMAC Ethernet Communication problem with Windows 10

The Turbo PMAC communications driver (PCOMM Server) used to talk to the host PC is fully supported by the following operating systems:

• Windows 7

• Windows XP

For Windows 10, the PMAC communications driver allows the user to communicate to the host PC via USB and Serial port without any issues.

Communications over Ethernet should not be an issue except in the case of a “$$$***” command in the terminal window. This will cause a Windows “WSAETIMEDOUT” (sometimes also “WSAECONNABORTED” or “WSAECONNREFUSED”) error. PMAC will have successfully received and processed the “$$$***” command but the Executive will “crash” and will need to be restarted. It may be necessary to use the Windows “Task Manager” to kill the “Pcommserver.exe” process as it may get “orphaned”. Once restarted a “save” command can then be issued and other Executive tasks can be performed.

Since Windows 10 is not fully supported by the Turbo PMAC PCOMM server, ODT recommends using the Windows 7 operating system if Ethernet communications is used for the customer application.

There is a solution to the WSAETIMEDOUT error in Win10 when using Ethernet communications.

From the “PMAC Devices” dialog select “Properties->General” and check the “Multihost Enable” box.

• 7 months later...

Some users have experienced issues connecting their Turbo PMAC to a Windows 8.1 (and 10) system via USB, and instead seeing "ACC54E USB" in Device Manager. If you experience this issue:

3. Right click the "ACC54E USB" in Device Manager and select "Update Driver Software"

Windows 8.1 should be able to see and properly load the drivers this way, and Device Manager should now show the PMAC under "Motion Controllers".

Hi,

still unable to communicate with Pmac after installing your driver.

any trail to help me please ?

windows as blocked the driver with followin message :

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Martin!

Untitled.png.23f768c7a1e1443d89e284240618aac4.png

Hi,

still unable to communicate with Pmac after installing your driver.

any trail to help me please ?

windows as blocked the driver with followin message :

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Martin!

Do you have the latest version of the PcommserverPro2 driver (4.4.0.0)?

It is located here:

http://www.deltatau.com/DT_Products/SoftwareDetails.aspx?CatID=500-PMAC%20EXECUTIVE%20PRO2%20SUITE

Uninstall the Executive and re-install as administrator.

You must explicitly “Run as administrator” when running “setup.exe” (right mouse click):

2116068105_RAAPro2.png.c10ef2cbc59aa9c037b9dacdc643ae92.png

• 2 years later...

I've successfully done the manually updating the driver in Windows 8 and 10 several times but today I ran into a new problem.  The driver wouldn't install, I got the following error even when I was logged on as an administrator.

image.png.f9a0d7fb11643a5754b9fe4632198701.png

The solution was to use "Run as Administrator" for a command prompt, then make sure I was in the C:\Windows\System32 folder and type DEVMGMT to start the Device Manager.    This runs the Device Manager as Administrator and allows the UMAC driver to be installed.