OMRON Forums

System Setup: Motor Information

aims

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, the motor feedback type i using is incremental encoder. But I found that there is no incremental encoder in the system setup> motor setup feedback type selection. So what I need to select?

The Motor Feedback Type selection is asking what type of incremental/absolute encoder it is. For instance, Quadrature is one common type of incremental encoder, but is not the only one, so you would need to consult the data sheet for your encoder to see what protocol/type of incremental encoder it is. You may be able to guess from the pinout of the encoder, too (Sine and Cosine could be a Sinusoidal Encoder, while A and B channels may be Quadrature), though multiple protocols may use the same signal names, so this is not as reliable. For questions like these, we do strongly recommend attending our training course if it is possible, though I see from your other post that you are at least looking through the slides.

Thanks for your info. After do this setup, so motor setup is done? I wish to use power clipper send pulse to drive my servo motor. So the driver which drive the servo motor is consider amplifier?