OMRON Forums

Power Clipper

lim

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EtherCAT (Ethernet for Control Automation Technology) is an Ethernet-based fieldbus system. This is an option for the Power PMAC product line which allows you to connect to EtherCAT enabled drives and I/O subsystems through standard Cat5 Ethernet cables.

We do not currently have an EtherCAT drive but we do offer an EtherCAT I/O module the ACC-52ECx.

Other question that Power Clipper is EtherCAT controller for control multi-axis of driver through EtherCAT communication, right?

Why standard on board of Power Clipper still provide 4 axes of analog output and pulse & direction output?

HI Richard,

I'm not saying that the analog output/ pulse & direction affect the application, just curious that if there is no use on it, maybe can add certain feature on standard board instead of buy option board stack on it.

It's just my personal point of view.

However, Where can I download the ACC-52ECx user manual?

Hi Richard,

For option connect 4 axes with EtherCat interface, I have some doubt on it.

EtherCat communication from delta tau to driver 1, driver 1 has two EtherCAT port and looping to other driver, even I/O devices, so why provide option 4 axes to 64 axes? What kind of application need add on it?

The ACC-52ECx manual will be released upon the official product release in a few weeks. We will make an announcement on the Forum.

The Power Clipper has only one EtherCAT port. Most EtherCAT implementations are without loopback. If you need to support this application type the Power Ether-lite would be a better choice.

EtherCAT (Ethernet for Control Automation Technology) is an Ethernet-based fieldbus system. This is an option for the Power PMAC product line which allows you to connect to EtherCAT enabled drives and I/O subsystems through standard Cat5 Ethernet cables.

We do not currently have an EtherCAT drive but we do offer an EtherCAT I/O module the ACC-52ECx.

Does this mean that currently the PPmac Clipper will not close the servo loop? If so, when do you anticipate this feature to be available?

Also, I am not that familiar with EtherCat architecture; If you are interfacing to 4 EtherCat drives is a star connection used and if so,

can a normal switch be used?

The Power Clipper can close the loop on up to 64 EtherCAT drives. The network architecture is typically an open ring but can be a closed ring (providing redundancy) or a star. Typically no switches are needed but can be used to create star branches. For technical details on the technology please refer to www.ethercat.org.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Gregs,

Where can i get the manual of ACC-24S3?

Thanks

This will be incorporated into the Power Clipper manual as its own chapter. We will be releasing this update within the week. In the meantime the software setup for this board is the same as the base board with the exception that “Clipper[0]” references are replaced with “Clipper[1]”. The address references for analog inputs are:

ADCIN_n/

Connector , Structure , Address

ADCIN_1, J3 , Clipper[1].Chan[0].AdcEnc[0] , $904030

ADCIN_2, J3 , Clipper[1].Chan[0].AdcEnc[1] , $904034

ADCIN_3, J7 , Clipper[1].Chan[0].AdcEnc[2] , $904038

ADCIN_4, J7 , Clipper[1].Chan[0].AdcEnc[3] , $90403C

All power is through the JEXPx connectors – no other power connections are needed. The supplied JEXPx extension connectors and standoff hardware are used as in the following diagram and picture:

24S3.JPG.66083f0a2c40f05416e234b9daf868d5.JPG