OMRON Forums

Power PMAC current consumption

Tallo13

Dears,

I could not find in the manual for Power Clipper the current consumption of the controller. I plan to supply the Clipper with Traco Power TML 15512C, which has 5VDC/2A and +_12VDC/200mA.

Should this be ok or not?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be undersized for the 5V. I copied the following from page 14 in the manual on the File Depot:

Electrical Specifications

Digital Power Supply

The +5V and ground reference lines from the power supply should be connected to TB1 terminal block of the Power PMAC Clipper board using 18 AWG stranded wire. The power requirement (± 5%) is:

+5 V (20W) @ 3.5 A (Four-channel configuration with a typical load of encoders)

+5 V (20W) @ 5.5 A (Eight-channel ACC-24S3 configuration with a typical load of encoders)

Note

Clipper base board requires 2.75A with no other connections. Size your application accordingly to your encoder load. The above assumes typical encoder loads at ~100mA per encoder.

DAC Outputs Power Supply

The ±12V lines from the supply, including the ground reference, can be brought in from the TB1 terminal block.

+12 to +15 V (4.5W) @ 0.30 A (Four-channel configuration with a typical DAC load)

-12 to -15 V (3.8W) @ 0.25 A

+12 to +15 V (4.5W) @ 0.50 A (Eight-channel configuration with a typical DAC load)

-12 to -15 V (3.8W) @ 0.45 A