OMRON Forums

G-code

posalux

I have a x-y table that a use for woodworking a PMAC PC card and everthing is working with simple programs that I write myself.

To use G-code (CAM program)with my card a need to translate it to pmac code.

Is it necessery to add the "translation" for every program ?

as far as I understand G03 jumps to program 1000 where stands do "linear "

But it are always the same "translations" so can I store them on the card or so.?

peter

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All PMAC's have the capability to run g-code style programs. You must first build up a set of sub-programs to handle your particular g-codes. The PMAC User's manual explains this in detail and gives examples. There is example code in the Technical Notes section of the website.

http://www.deltatau.com/Common/technotes/G-Code%20Processing%20Example.pdf

Basically, you can define for your particular system what each G-Code does by writing them into PROG 1000. Label the G-Code with the line label syntax "N" (no quotes).

For example, G01 should have line label N1000. Then you put your motion commands and a RETURN at the end, and that section of code will run when you call G01 from the calling program.

You write your subprograms to implement whatever "dialect" of G-codes you want. In most cases these subprograms are permanently saved on the PMAC. Then each part program is loaded as needed and calls the routines in the subprograms through its G-codes, M-codes, etc.

If you have to support several different dialects on your machine, there are a couple of ways of doing this. First, you could load in different subprograms when you change dialects. Second, you could have logical branches in the subprogram that perform different tasks for the same code based on a global variable that specifies the dialect being used at the time.