• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In IDE 2.0.0.25 there is a new interface to watches which I like

WatchV2_1.png.4d96de0f7c62b88d3b84ea15b829832d.png

Question 1: What does the button on the bottom row do?

Question 2: Can my background colour choice appear in the area with no rows?

Observation 1: If I check the On Demand box on the bottom row it adds a strange "non-row" ignoring my colour choices. If I try inserting rows near these rows, rows disappear.

WatchV2_2.png.3ccb278275c900e0afe9800f29708c70.png

Observation 2: Sometimes clicking the S button leaves a blank entry in the response cell.

Observation 3: The S button has a S hint on it which looks odd.

Observation 1: If I check the On Demand box on the bottom row it adds a strange "non-row" ignoring my colour choices. If I try inserting rows near these rows, rows disappear.

Observation 2: Sometimes clicking the S button leaves a blank entry in the response cell.

The new functionality is explained in the IDE manual accessible form the IDE by selecting Help/IDE manual option. Page 157.

When you click this button it will send the valid command to the PowerPMAC. It will display S for ‘send’ when the checkbox is clicked. Every time the button is pressed the command will be send.

The bottom row is added for the user to use it. You can add the command and watch window will receive the response or you can check the checkbox and now the same row will turn into a command row.

Question 2. Can my background colour choice appear in the area with no rows? Yes

The new functionality is explained in the IDE manual accessible form the IDE by selecting Help/IDE manual option. Page 157.

When you click this button it will send the valid command to the PowerPMAC. It will display S for ‘send’ when the checkbox is clicked. Every time the button is pressed the command will be send.

The bottom row is added for the user to use it. You can add the command and watch window will receive the response or you can check the checkbox and now the same row will turn into a command row.

Question 2. Can my background colour choice appear in the area with no rows? Yes

Thanks for the reply

I read the manual before posting and understand (and like) the new features.

I understand what the ROW is for. My question was about the BUTTON on the bottom row (with no caption, see original image attachment).

Could you please reveal the secret to achieving this? The image attachment clearly shows a white background in the non-row area.

I'll file the observations in Bugzilla

Thanks for the reply

I understand what the ROW is for. My question was about the BUTTON on the bottom row (with no caption, see original image attachment).

Could you please reveal the secret to achieving this? The image attachment clearly shows a white background in the non-row area.

Thanks for the reply

When you don't see the S on the button then that row is like regular watch window row.

I was able to duplicate the problem and it is fixed.

Thanks for the reply

When you don't see the S on the button then that row is like regular watch window row.

I was able to duplicate the problem and it is fixed.