OMRON Forums

Problem setting I900

Gamedawn

I was working on a machine recently with a PMAC Lite (isa bus) and wanted to change the I900 value to 7. I typed the value in at the terminal but when I checked it the value had changed to 6. This happened every time I typed the value in and also happened with I905, etc. The board is running V1.16D firmware.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working on a machine recently with a PMAC Lite (isa bus) and wanted to change the I900 value to 7. I typed the value in at the terminal but when I checked it the value had changed to 6. This happened every time I typed the value in and also happened with I905, etc. The board is running V1.16D firmware.

Does this happen if PLCs are disabled (Ctrl D), no motion programs running (Ctrl A), and no HMI running?

Did you try reinitializing ($$$***)? Note, be sure to have a backup configuration.

Does this happen if PLCs are disabled (Ctrl D), no motion programs running (Ctrl A), and no HMI running?

Did you try reinitializing ($$$***)? Note, be sure to have a backup configuration.

It definitely happened after a reset and I'm fairly sure that when I tried it nothing else was running (plc's, motion progs, etc). In fact it was ater a reset and loading the config file that I first noticed the problem, because the config should have set I900=7. We also verified that the link settings are as they should be.

Are there any settings that might cause this problem that I could have a look at next time I'm on site?

It definitely happened after a reset and I'm fairly sure that when I tried it nothing else was running (plc's, motion progs, etc). In fact it was ater a reset and loading the config file that I first noticed the problem, because the config should have set I900=7. We also verified that the link settings are as they should be.

Are there any settings that might cause this problem that I could have a look at next time I'm on site?

There are no settings that would cause this. Possibly, there is a gate hardware issue. Can you change any of the other gate I-variables, e.g. I901 or I902?

A quick test would be to close the HMI (anything that might write to PMAC), issue $$$*** Save $$$, and then see if you can change I900/I905. If you can, then some program is the culprit; otherwise, it looks like the PMAC is the problem.

There are no settings that would cause this. Possibly, there is a gate hardware issue. Can you change any of the other gate I-variables, e.g. I901 or I902?

A quick test would be to close the HMI (anything that might write to PMAC), issue $$$*** Save $$$, and then see if you can change I900/I905. If you can, then some program is the culprit; otherwise, it looks like the PMAC is the problem.

Thanks for that. Next time I'm on site I'll try those things out. If it does turn out to be the Pmac at fault, can they still be repaired?

Thanks for that. Next time I'm on site I'll try those things out. If it does turn out to be the Pmac at fault, can they still be repaired?