OMRON Forums

CAM table implementation

Inautec

Hi,

I have a question, is it possible to generate an electronic CAM table position with PMAC2? I found some documentation about it, but I'm not sure that PMAC2 is able to do that.

Now, I am using "Time base calculation" in order to synchronize the master encoder with the slave motor #1.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have a question, is it possible to generate an electronic CAM table position with PMAC2? I found some documentation about it, but I'm not sure that PMAC2 is able to do that.

Now, I am using "Time base calculation" in order to synchronize the master encoder with the slave motor #1.

Hi,

Yes, you can make use of the Position Compensation table feature to make a CAM table. You can read about the details starting on page 183 of the Turbo PMAC User Manual.

Please note that in Turbo PMAC, you must manually assemble all of the zones of your table. In Power PMAC, however, we have a CAM Sculptor software that will help you design it quickly and easily. There are also dedicated CAM tables separate from the position compensation tables.

Hi,

Yes, you can make use of the Position Compensation table feature to make a CAM table. You can read about the details starting on page 183 of the Turbo PMAC User Manual.

Please note that in Turbo PMAC, you must manually assemble all of the zones of your table. In Power PMAC, however, we have a CAM Sculptor software that will help you design it quickly and easily. There are also dedicated CAM tables separate from the position compensation tables.