OMRON Forums

PCOMMServer info

rsipkema

Hi, Is there an updated manual for PCOMMServer for download somewhere? I ordered a license from my local distributor, but have already been experimenting with the PCOMMServer included with PEWIN32 to get started. I got a manual for PCOMMServer 32 but it doesn't mention e.g. thePLC Status functions which I saw mentioned on this forum somewhere. Is the manual I have outdated or are these functions undocumented? TIA –Ronald Sipkema

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='rsipkema' pid='392' dateline='1272403778'] Hi, Is there an updated manual for PCOMMServer for download somewhere? I ordered a license from my local distributor, but have already been experimenting with the PCOMMServer included with PEWIN32 to get started. I got a manual for PCOMMServer 32 but it doesn't mention e.g. thePLC Status functions which I saw mentioned on this forum somewhere. Is the manual I have outdated or are these functions undocumented? TIA –Ronald Sipkema [/quote] The PCommServer manual is strictly for communication functions and not PMAC data. The PLC running bits are explained in [url=http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/TURBO%20SRM.pdf]Turbo PMAC SRM[/url].

[quote='Sina' pid='393' dateline='1272411483'] [quote='rsipkema' pid='392' dateline='1272403778'] Hi, Is there an updated manual for PCOMMServer for download somewhere? I ordered a license from my local distributor, but have already been experimenting with the PCOMMServer included with PEWIN32 to get started. I got a manual for PCOMMServer 32 but it doesn't mention e.g. thePLC Status functions which I saw mentioned on this forum somewhere. Is the manual I have outdated or are these functions undocumented? TIA –Ronald Sipkema [/quote] The PCommServer manual is strictly for communication functions and not PMAC data. The PLC running bits are explained in [url=http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/TURBO%20SRM.pdf]Turbo PMAC SRM[/url]. [/quote] I understand, but the manual I have here doesn't have documentation on the "over 400 functions" mentioned on the website; which leads me to believe I have an older manual. I saw mention on the forums here of a function GetPlcStatus, the use of which was recommended over reading the bits yourself. When I look at the functions that the IPmacDevice interface has there's a whole lot of them that are not in the manual I have (Pcomm Server Pro2 Library, rev 2, June 8, 2007). I wanted to know whether there's an updated manual that comes with the software (which I'll hopefully receive this week) and if it's possible to download the manual so I can get acquainted with the material. --Ronald Sipkema

• 1 year later...
Yes,after 2 years,I still have the same question with you. the SDK document in the installation,named "PcommServer document" is just inforamtion about part of the library functions! I think the document is most important component of the entire product.especially be in software product.