OMRON Forums

Kinematics in CfromScript - RealTime Routines from network bug?

piefum

Hi all

I am writing the kinematics of an hexapod system.

Reading through the forum, it seems that it is advisable using the CfromScript functions instead of the builtin kinematics scripts. I feel also more comfortable in writing the algorithm in C, so this is a big deal.

Unfortunately, I got a strange error when I try to compile the RealTime Routines under the IDE:

Build Process For usralgo.ko has started.
Z:\100_XXX_hexapod\electronics\XXX2\XXX2\XXX2.ppproj(187,5): Error : cp: target `Routines' is not a directory
	Build Process For usralgo.ko has ended.

At first I tought of a white-space character issue in some compilation layer... However, I tryed to copy the full directory folder on my desktop and re-perform the compilation of the project... and it works! I got other kind of compilation errors (i think because I am using the default usralgo.c, without any modification), but at least the result is different.

Build Process For usralgo.so has started.
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(27,0): Warning :  'struct motordata' declared inside parameter list
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(27,0): Warning :  its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(28,0): Error :  conflicting types for 'user_phase'
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.h(16,0): Error :  previous declaration of 'user_phase' was here
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(31,0): Warning :  'struct motordata' declared inside parameter list
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(32,0): Error :  conflicting types for 'user_pid_ctrl'
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.h(13,0): Error :  previous declaration of 'user_pid_ctrl' was here

Is that because the project is located on a network disk, linked under Z:/ ? Is there some path to make it work from the network?

thanks

gigi

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Reading through the forum, it seems that it is advisable using the CfromScript functions instead of the builtin kinematics scripts. I feel also more comfortable in writing the algorithm in C, so this is a big deal.

Unfortunately, I got a strange error when I try to compile the RealTime Routines under the IDE:

Z:\100_XXX_hexapod\electronics\XXX2\XXX2\XXX2.ppproj(187,5): Error : cp: target `Routines' is not a directory

At first I tought of a white-space character issue in some compilation layer... However, I tryed to copy the full directory folder on my desktop and re-perform the compilation of the project... and it works! I got other kind of compilation errors (i think because I am using the default usralgo.c, without any modification), but at least the result is different.

C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(27,0): Warning :  'struct motordata' declared inside parameter list
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(27,0): Warning :  its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(28,0): Error :  conflicting types for 'user_phase'
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.h(16,0): Error :  previous declaration of 'user_phase' was here
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(31,0): Warning :  'struct motordata' declared inside parameter list
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.c(32,0): Error :  conflicting types for 'user_pid_ctrl'
C:\Users\ut\Desktop\XXX2\XXX2\C Language\Realtime Routines\\usrcode.h(13,0): Error :  previous declaration of 'user_pid_ctrl' was here

Is that because the project is located on a network disk, linked under Z:/ ? Is there some path to make it work from the network?

thanks

gigi

Hi Gigi,

Unfortunately the project would not compile if your project is located on a network drive. Copy your project to your local drive and it should work.

Hi all

thanks

gigi

Hi Gigi,

Unfortunately the project would not compile if your project is located on a network drive. Copy your project to your local drive and it should work.

Hi all

thanks

gigi