OMRON Forums

Synchronised trigger output

Tieval

Hi all,

Currently, we obtain a 5V trigger generated using a virtual axis which is synchronised with a moving axis in the same coordinate system. We're obtaining a trigger approximately every 0.5mm that the axis moves.

The trouble is, it is not accurate enough and as speed settings are altered, there are issues with synchronisation. I assume that this is because, despite being in the same coordinate system, the PMAC still treats them independently. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could generate a pulse? Perhaps an output every given number of counts?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Curt and Richard,

Thanks for this. I'm currently trying to set up a position compare output as described in the Turbo PMAC user manual. I've checked I4902 and I4903 for the presence of DSPGATE2 IC. They are $3 and $1 respectively which I believe indicates the presence of 2 IC's, one of which is a DSPGATE2 IC. Do I68n1/I69n1 need to be set?

Using "Position compare examples" and the "Using the Position-Compare Feature on Turbo PMAC" I have established that register:

M108->Y:$078007,0,24,S ; Position compare A value (counts)

M109->X:$078007,0,24,S ; Position compare B value (counts)

However, my motion program is unable to change these from a set value of -1. I have also tried to alter these values manually in the M-Variables but they revert back to -1. I imagine I'm missing something very simple here.

Many thanks

Sorry, I should also have mentioned that I am using ABB Drives. I fear this may make position compare impossible? Are there any other methods of generating a precise trigger based on the movement of the Y axis? Or, perhaps a method of improving the precision of our virtual motor?

This feature over MACRO is supported through MSn, MI-variables: MI921, MI923, MI925, MI926, MI928 and MI929. There is a very good description in the Turbo PMAC User’s Manual starting on page 362 (specifically page 364 for MACRO). I don’t believe the F-MAC module supports position compare. It only supports position capture for homing.

A compiled PLC 0 looking at the position register will probably be your best altaernative.