OMRON Forums

Is my PMAC Lite dead?

Eyewonder

I have several PMAC (1) boards of various versions, and have been trying to verify that they can be used as backups. I have 2) PMAC Universal Lite w/DPR on board, a PMAC Lite needing Option 2 DRP board, and an PMAC-1 needing the Option 2 DRP.

My base system uses the Universal Lite w/DPR onboard. The system works (not completely optimized, but usable), and I saved Global configuration.

I am able to install the PMAC-1, the Option 2 DPR board, use the saved global configuration to load into the PMAC-1, and verify the expected normal operation.

My PMAC-Lite, however, does not behave normally. The board is a 602402-101, Opt 5A, ver 1.16D. I have tried the E51 reset, $$$*** reset, load the global configuration & save. No obvious errors.

With the above, I can not make any axis motion using 'View Jog Ribbon', auto tune, Oxx (output) command or any of the NC v2.36 operation control panel.

Used 'View Position' to verify all encoder working correctly.

With NC32 started, I can feel the X & Z axes holding position. If I remove the servo amp connector to one of the axis, move the axis with my hand, then reconnect the servo amp, the system will snap the axis back into position, as expected.

So it looks like the servo loop is being closed correctly, but I can not get any new position commands to the system.

Any ideas on things I have not tried?

Cheers,

Steve

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can establish closed loop on the motor and holding position with the evidence of reaction to following error you may have both position over travel limits activated. This would prevent you from being able to use the jog ribbon. Check the motor status window in the PEWIN program.

If you can establish closed loop on the motor and holding position with the evidence of reaction to following error you may have both position over travel limits activated. This would prevent you from being able to use the jog ribbon. Check the motor status window in the PEWIN program.

Good call. I checked a known good PMAC by looking at the connector status window, and verified all limit switches functioning. The PMAC-Lite showed ALL switches, ALL channels in open (activated) condition. Eventually found that A+15 was not getting to any of the MCT7 opto isolator chips. Turns out to have been a bad solder joint on one of the jumper pins (E89 - E90 path) that route the A+15 from the 60-pin connector to the MCT7 chips.

Cheers,

Steve