OMRON Forums

Home,PLIM,NLIM,USER I/P from JMACH3 -J7port on Clipper

harshalshahane

Hello everyone,

I have 4 Axis Turbo clipper with option 12 and i want to drive five motor for an application. for fifth motor,I took DAC from JHW (Hand-wheel)port and did necessary setting mentioned in Hardware reference manual.

Now my question is that i want to used UVW flags(JMACH3) for fifth motor machine inputs(HOME,PLIM,NLIM and User) because i consumed JOPTO I/O's for another function.Is there any possibility to used it from Jmach 3 port. give your suggestion.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Turbo PMAC2 expects these flags in specific bits of a register, and the U, V, and W flags do not appear in these bits.

Your best strategy is to copy these input flag values into the proper bits of a holding register in memory, for example, open register X:$10FF. A background compiled PLC program would do this every background cycle, the same frequency at which these values would be checked.

Note that it will not be possible to use hardware capture of encoder position for the motor with this technique for homing or other purposes. If you want to do triggered moves like homing, you must set up for software capture by setting I597 to 1.

I525, which specifies which register to read for these flags, would be set to this address of $10FF.

A PMAC2 expects the flags in the following bits of the 24-bit register:

HOME: bit 16

PLIM: bit 17

MLIM: bit 18

USER: bit 19

So your PLC program could just do four single-bit copy operations into the holding register each scan.

A Turbo PMAC2 expects these flags in specific bits of a register, and the U, V, and W flags do not appear in these bits.

Your best strategy is to copy these input flag values into the proper bits of a holding register in memory, for example, open register X:$10FF. A background compiled PLC program would do this every background cycle, the same frequency at which these values would be checked.

Note that it will not be possible to use hardware capture of encoder position for the motor with this technique for homing or other purposes. If you want to do triggered moves like homing, you must set up for software capture by setting I597 to 1.

I525, which specifies which register to read for these flags, would be set to this address of $10FF.

A PMAC2 expects the flags in the following bits of the 24-bit register:

HOME: bit 16

PLIM: bit 17

MLIM: bit 18

USER: bit 19

So your PLC program could just do four single-bit copy operations into the holding register each scan.

Thanks for reply

let me check ,i will get back to you.