OMRON Forums

How to communicate with Turbo PMAC2 in my own application?

Ariane

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a Python application that will control the Turbo PMAC2 and some other devices.

This Turbo PMAC2 is installed inside a machine, and works very well with PWin32Pro2.

I'm trying to use a dll to do this, is this the best option?

I downloaded a lot of Turbo PMAC2 manuals, and I found the PComm32PRO manual:

http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/PCOMM32%20PRO.pdf?id=635415374139453187

But a think it's obsolet, it talks about the PComm32.dll, and some examples that should be in the library, but it doesn't exist. I found just the PComm32W.dll and PcommServer.exe (that starts when I try to open a communication with PMAC2).

These two, PWin32PRO2, are installed by PMAC Executive Pro2 Suite.

Sometimes my application works, and I can read and change the value of a P variable(it was all that I could do until now), but it's totally unstable. It just works when it wants.

Is there a new manual or a example about how to do this?

Is a dll the best option?

*I can not uninstall PWin32PRO2. The machine must work in the both options without reconfiguration.

**The conection is USB.

Thank you!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to communicate with Turbo PMAC while having Pewin32Pro2 active is to use PcommServer.exe (Pcomm32Pro2 library).

Pcommserver.exe is a COM Interface. It does have wrapper dll (Pcomm32W.dll). The wrapper dll has some (not all) core functions exposed for external applications.

Pcommserver.exe (Pcomm32Pro2 library) is a purchasable product with Delta Tau part number 3A0-9PPRO2-35x. I comes with multiple examples in Microsoft C++, C#, VB, and CBuilder along with complete documentation.

I have attached a sample template for PcommServer based example using C++ for your reference.

Farooq

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a Python application that will control the Turbo PMAC2 and some other devices.

This Turbo PMAC2 is installed inside a machine, and works very well with PWin32Pro2.

But a think it's obsolet, it talks about the PComm32.dll, and some examples that should be in the library, but it doesn't exist. I found just the PComm32W.dll and PcommServer.exe (that starts when I try to open a communication with PMAC2).

Sometimes my application works, and I can read and change the value of a P variable(it was all that I could do until now), but it's totally unstable. It just works when it wants.

*I can not uninstall PWin32PRO2. The machine must work in the both options without reconfiguration.

**The conection is USB.

Thank you!

The best way to communicate with Turbo PMAC while having Pewin32Pro2 active is to use PcommServer.exe (Pcomm32Pro2 library).

Pcommserver.exe is a COM Interface. It does have wrapper dll (Pcomm32W.dll). The wrapper dll has some (not all) core functions exposed for external applications.

Pcommserver.exe (Pcomm32Pro2 library) is a purchasable product with Delta Tau part number 3A0-9PPRO2-35x. I comes with multiple examples in Microsoft C++, C#, VB, and CBuilder along with complete documentation.

I have attached a sample template for PcommServer based example using C++ for your reference.

Farooq

Hello,

**The conection is USB.

Thank you!

BinRotLoad.zip