OMRON Forums

How to make my G-code file in USB stick work?

dzrong

If I have G-code file savd by "*.txt" format in my USB stick,it may be from my Windows OS,and it's my be very large about 1G,so PPmac can't save it in flash. Now I want to make my G code work in Power Pmac,I don't know how to achieve it? Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify and make sure we are speaking about the same thing. When you speak of a G-code file I believe you are speaking of a part program and not the G-code definition file. Part programs that are too large to load into PPmac can be feed to the PPmac while executed, we call this a rotary buffer. To make this work you have to do a few things listed below. Note I will encapsulate commands in quotation marks "command", these are not part of the command. 1. The file containing the program should start with the line "&n open rotary" (replace n by the coordinate system number in which you desire the program to execute). 2. The file should end with the line "close". 3. The PPmac needs a defined rotary buffer. This is made with the command "&n define rotary x". As before n is the CS number and x is the desired buffer size. See the on-lne command manual for details of this command. 4. Currently the IDE has no interface to execute rotary buffer programs so you must do this from a command prompt in a telnet session. Once the telnet link is established enter "gpascii -ifilename" note there is no space beyween the "-i" and the "filename". Note "filename" can include the path. 5. The PPmac considers the rotary buffer as buffer 0. After step 4 is complete the PPmac is ready and all you need to do from the IDE terminal or other interface is send the command "&nB0r" (n is the same coordinate system number as used in step 1).