Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some ETHERCAT Slaves are missing in pp_save.cfg
With Firmware 1.6.1.11, IDE 1.7.0.49
I configue two drives on Ethercat with SystemSetup and they work perfectly well as slave 0 & 1 on motor #1 &2 at the end of the setup.

When i do :
- "Save" or "Configuration" + "Upload Config File" or "Generate Config File", or in SystemSetup "Export Ethercat ...",
Nothing is generated in the config files regarding the Slave nb1 (no lines with ECAT[0].Slave[1]...)
Of course after a $$$, Slave 1 works no more over Ethercat.

Attached is the pp-save.cfg and the .xml exported.

Have i missed an operation or is there a problem ?
Thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   Exported_Ethercat_config.xml .txt (Size: 18.77 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   pp_save.cfg .txt (Size: 92.14 KB / Downloads: 5)
Did you originally make $$$***. The generate config file will not work unless you do this.

Please also include the pp_save.tpl file as this file contains the commands sent to make the pp_save.cfg
Yes Brad, i did $$$*** in first of all.

In my projet on the PC (created with "file"+ "new projet" in the IDE 1.7.0.49),
i have no file "pp_save.tpl" (??), only a "pp_custom_save.tpl" (of 0 octets).
I done a backup, and inside the .tar, a pp_save.tpl is present in "usrflash/project/configuration/". Attached is this file.

PS: i attach also the result of the commande "backup ecat[0].." done in terminal at the end of SystemSetup when both slaves were working.

Attached Files
.txt   pp_save.tpl .txt (Size: 2.37 KB / Downloads: 4)
.txt   Answer to command backup ecat[0].. .txt (Size: 19.94 KB / Downloads: 5)
I think you have firmware 1.6.1.1 date May 8th 2014, please verify

The problem is the response to backup ecat[0].. On my system with same firmware and x2 ecat slave connected I get the correct response and my save is working. So we need to find why this response is not correct. I would do the following

1. Make sure no ethercat devices are connected to the pmac (unplug the cable)
2. $$$*** save $$$. Make sure no errors come in terminal window when you do this.
3. Connect ethercat and give power
4. Go to system setup and select File->New Setup This clears the motor setup part
5. Go to the Master[0] node and select "configure master[0]"

In the IDE terminal look at backup ecat[0]..

At this point if your devices have some default PDO mapping you need see the ECAT[0].SlaveCount=2 and you need to see the structures of ECAT[0].Slave[0], ECAT[0].Slave[1], and ECAT[0].Slave[2]

If they do not have any default mapping you might need to quickly do a simple PDO mapping for each and then do the backup command.

Np need to activate or anything to make sure at least this much is working.
Thank you Brad for your answer.
I upgraded now to Firmware 1.6.1.1 and IDE 1.7.0.53

I performed, without any succes, all the process you tell me above.

I tried also a configuration "offline" :
- With no Ethercat devices connected,
- $$$*** + Servoclock 4KHz + save + $$$
- SystemSetup and select File->New Setup
- configure master[0]
- Append device
- I add 2 devices "CDHD EtherCAT Drive (CoE)" with the Xml file "1_4_6_Servotronix_CDHD_PC0_Rv0.xml" attached.
- I add for test: DC, Startup and some PDO
No error have been mentionned (attached messages of the tab "Output")

In file created by "Export EtherCAT setup from PowerPmac" or on command backup ecat[0].. there is no lines with ECAT[0].Slave[1] ??

If i query the memory, Slave[1] is well configured (ECAT[0].Slave[1].Enable=1, etc)

Attached Files
.txt   1_4_6_Servotronix_CDHD_PC0_Rv0.xml.txt (Size: 294.93 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   SystemSetup offline (output tab) .txt (Size: 23.08 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   Backup ecat[0].. offline .txt (Size: 13.87 KB / Downloads: 0)
I performed some additional tests (offline configuration) and think i found where the bug is.
It is when the "Product code" of the device is equal to 0.

The device Servotronix-CDHD has a ProductCode=0 (Xml file attached in the previous message).

My test:
After $$$***, with SystemSetup i configure :
- Servo Clock to 4KHz
- Slave-0: Device ABB-e150
- Slave-1: Device Servotronix-CDHD
All the configuration is ok with SystemSetup (if i do it online, the drives work ok)
In memory, i have ECAT[0].SlaveCount=2 and for Slave-1 : ECAT[0].Slave[1].ProductCode=$0

If i do now the command in terminal "backup ecat[0]..",
I got no lines with "ECAT[0].Slave[1]..." and in the lines "ECAT[0].Slave[0]..." there is the configuration done for Servotronix-CDHD (!!) instead of ABB-e150.
The configuration of my other drive, ABB-e150, is no more present ??

if now, i do simply in terminal :
ECAT[0].Slave[1].ProductCode=$1 (instead of =0) and then "backup ecat[0].."
The configuration is uploaded full ok
i get lines "ECAT[0].Slave[0]..." with my configuration done for my ABB-e150 and
lines "ECAT[0].Slave[1]..." with my configuration done for my Servotronix-CDHD

Off course, i can't work with this this configuration manually modified, because when save and $$$,
EtherCAT detects a misfit between ECAT[0].Slave[1].ProductCode=$1 and the ProductCode read by the SDO in the Drive the object 1018h sub 2 which is equal to 0.

For summary,
There is a bug in the command "backup ecat[0].." when a device in the structure "ECAT[0]. ..." has a .ProductCode equal to 0
Do you agree with me ?
(07-24-2014, 12:16 PM)sbrun Wrote: I performed some additional tests (offline configuration) and think i found where the bug is.
It is when the "Product code" of the device is equal to 0.

The device Servotronix-CDHD has a ProductCode=0 (Xml file attached in the previous message).

My test:
After $$$***, with SystemSetup i configure :
- Servo Clock to 4KHz
- Slave-0: Device ABB-e150
- Slave-1: Device Servotronix-CDHD
All the configuration is ok with SystemSetup (if i do it online, the drives work ok)
In memory, i have ECAT[0].SlaveCount=2 and for Slave-1 : ECAT[0].Slave[1].ProductCode=$0

If i do now the command in terminal "backup ecat[0]..",
I got no lines with "ECAT[0].Slave[1]..." and in the lines "ECAT[0].Slave[0]..." there is the configuration done for Servotronix-CDHD (!!) instead of ABB-e150.
The configuration of my other drive, ABB-e150, is no more present ??

if now, i do simply in terminal :
ECAT[0].Slave[1].ProductCode=$1 (instead of =0) and then "backup ecat[0].."
The configuration is uploaded full ok
i get lines "ECAT[0].Slave[0]..." with my configuration done for my ABB-e150 and
lines "ECAT[0].Slave[1]..." with my configuration done for my Servotronix-CDHD

Off course, i can't work with this this configuration manually modified, because when save and $$$,
EtherCAT detects a misfit between ECAT[0].Slave[1].ProductCode=$1 and the ProductCode read by the SDO in the Drive the object 1018h sub 2 which is equal to 0.

For summary,
There is a bug in the command "backup ecat[0].." when a device in the structure "ECAT[0]. ..." has a .ProductCode equal to 0
Do you agree with me ?
Thank you for the detailed diagnostic. VendorID was suppose to stop the backup not Product Code.
Thank you Henry,
The firmware 1.6.1.60 fixes the problem.

Regards.