OMRON Forums

IDE Problems

mshaver

Just upgraded my computer. Now using Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64 bit.

Just downloaded and installed the IDE. Says it completed installation OK. However, when I start the IDE it does not attempt to connect to a device like I am used to and I don't get the buttons across the top (Terminal, Position, Watch, Status, Jog Ribbon, Communications Setup) and I am unable to get these to show.

If I attempt to create a new project (File, new, etc.) the system says the project it just attempted to create is too old for conversion and blah blah blah.

However, now the buttons magically appear. If I click on Communication Setup to try to connect, "Package blah blah blah public key token blah blah blah has failed to load properly ... blah blah."

If I attempt to open an existing solution that is just a week or two old -

"blah blah too old for conversion blah blah."

HELP!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

mshaver:

I had a problem a couple of years ago with missing menu items in the IDE, and it turned out to be a problem with administrator privileges. Specifically, I had to re-enable UAC in Windows 7 (it is normally on by default) and then run the Power PMAC IDE with admin privileges. For some reason, menu items would disappear when UAC was disabled. Also, this problem only happened on one machine, so I never took the time to figure out what was wrong .

I haven't heard back on this issue.

I am currently unable to do the work I need to do.

Needless to say, getting very frustrated.

Should the IDE work on Windows 7 professional 64 bit?

Can you right Click and run the IDE as Admin?

From our installation we do set Admin permission but I know on certain machine for some reason the installation doesn't do this step.

Please right click the IDE and then select Run As Administrator and let us know.

Thanks,

Atul

My IT administrator logged on, and was able to run the IDE as administrator without issue.

He has attempted to set things up to give me selected admin permissions to be able to run the IDE but without giving me full admin permissions on the entire computer. So far no luck.

Any suggestions?

mshaver:

Delta Tau can probably provide more accurate information, but if I had to guess I would say that registry access privileges at a minimum are required. I am pretty sure that the cross-compile toolchain reads registry keys to set up the path and other variables for compilation.

My IT administrator logged on, and was able to run the IDE as administrator without issue.

He has attempted to set things up to give me selected admin permissions to be able to run the IDE but without giving me full admin permissions on the entire computer. So far no luck.

Any suggestions?

You will need full Admin Privilege to run the IDE. It is based on VS Development environment.

Atul