OMRON Forums

Clearing EtherCAT PDO Mappings

abeard

I'm configuring PDO mappings for a Copley Xenus Plus EtherCAT drive. When initially configuring the drive, I was able to add new dictionary objects via the 'Add From Dictionary Objects'. This worked well and I was able to read and write these objects from my motion programs.

Now however I'd like to add additional objects to these mappings. Unfortunately, no matter what I do the 'Add From Dictionary Objects' button is greyed out (see attached PNG). I've tried everything including resetting to factory defaults but have been unable to map new elements. Any advice appreciated.

GreyedOutDictObjects.thumb.PNG.8e72ea61070a8638e4bbb31c5cc662d6.PNG

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was able to clear the PDO entries using:

root@192.168.0.200:/opt/ppmac# ethercat -m0 download -p0 -t uint8 0x1600 0 0

and

root@192.168.0.200:/opt/ppmac# ethercat -m0 download -p0 -t uint8 0x1a00 0 0

After which 'Add From Dictionary Objects' became available for use again.

I'm configuring PDO mappings for a Copley Xenus Plus EtherCAT drive. When initially configuring the drive, I was able to add new dictionary objects via the 'Add From Dictionary Objects'. This worked well and I was able to read and write these objects from my motion programs.

Now however I'd like to add additional objects to these mappings. Unfortunately, no matter what I do the 'Add From Dictionary Objects' button is greyed out (see attached PNG). I've tried everything including resetting to factory defaults but have been unable to map new elements. Any advice appreciated.

Hello,

The Add Dictinary object button is grayed out because...

1. As from the picture you have selected PDO that is read from the drive "Local" and you cannot add the object to it. You need to select the PDO marked as "External".

2. The second condition we check is the selected PDO must support variable mapping. If this is true then the button will not be grayed out. Please see attached picutre.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Atul

XELAddDictinary.thumb.jpg.171aa031a84e09582bb3d58d415cb795.jpg