OMRON Forums

About Amp Enable and Fault Setttings

prbt

Hi,

I want to confirm two things for ACC-24E3.

1) I wonder if the voltage between AE_NO_1(pin4, normally open) and AGND is High after sending a command to enable the drive. (For AE_NC_1, it is Low correspondingly.)

2) If FAULTn- and FAULTn /+ are left open, what is the default voltage between them and AGND respectively (High or Low by software polarity control)? If the input fault signal from the drive is Low instead of high, shall I have to connect it to FAULTn-(pin #12)? Can I connect it to FAULTn+ instead? It seems that FAULTn-/+ are designed for sinking and sourcing circuit separately in ACC-24E3.

Thank you!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I want to confirm two things for ACC-24E3.

1) I wonder if the voltage between AE_NO_1(pin4, normally open) and AGND is High after sending a command to enable the drive. (For AE_NC_1, it is Low correspondingly.)

2) If FAULTn- and FAULTn /+ are left open, what is the default voltage between them and AGND respectively (High or Low by software polarity control)? If the input fault signal from the drive is Low instead of high, shall I have to connect it to FAULTn-(pin #12)? Can I connect it to FAULTn+ instead? It seems that FAULTn-/+ are designed for sinking and sourcing circuit separately in ACC-24E3.

Thank you!

The amplifier enable relays are "dry" contacts - there is no voltage other than what the user puts on the "AE_COM_x" (pin 11).

111111.JPG.8201162dc119d57c0a5958a34cf6347c.JPG

The FAULTn+/- pins must have at least a 12V difference in either direction providing a current flow of at least 5mA; this is provided by the user. If left open no voltage will be measured.

2222222.JPG.6a1bb1ce691e05564be2512b8a23ac06.JPG

Thank you!

1)If PPMAC outputs a high level to enable a motor, for AE_NC_x and AE_NO_x, which of them should be used with AE_COM_x?

2)If PPMAC is not enough to provide +24VDC for the drive, an external power supply(EPS) has to be used. In this case, I wonder if GND of EPS and AGND of PPMAC should be connected together.

3) Besides, low level output from X3B(15) is True for amplifier fault. I wonder if the following wiring diagrams are correct for AMP Enable and Fault. In fact, AE_COM_x and AGND are connected together.

When PMAC's amp enable is false AE_NC_x is connected to AE_COM_x and AE_NO_x is not connected. When amp enable is true AE_NO_x is connected to AE_COM_x and AE_NC_x is not connected. If your drive requires 24V to enable you will connect the 24V to AE_COM_x and AE_NO_x to your amplifier's enable input.

The grounds must be common between the EPS and the PMAC.

If your amplifier has a low true fault output then connect this to the AFAULT_x- and the +24v to the AFAULT_x+.