OMRON Forums

save command etc.

steveneads

Two issues:

Firstly I sometimes see an error message appear in the terminal window on issuing a save command:

"Save to pp_diff.cfg failed: Error in section: [bRICK]"

What does this mean?

Secondly, when I first start the IDE after power up, it always complains that my project does not match the project saved in PMAC - even if nothing has changed since my last save. This does not inspire any confidence on what is actually stored on the card! What's going on? How can I know that the right code is loaded?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This problem occurs under the following sequence of events:

1. A project which was developed on earlier versions of IDE (1.5.x.x) for a Power PMAC with firmware version of 1.5.x.x or earlier.

2. In IDE version 1.5.x.x or earlier, user has at least once uploaded the config files from Power PMAC by right-clicking the configuration folder under Project and selected "upload config files" item.

3. The Power PMAC IDE and firmware was upgraded to 1.6.x.x version.

4. The same project (developed on IDE version 1.5.x.x) file on PC was opened with Power PMAC IDE version 1.6.x.x. and downloaded to Power PMAC with firmware version 1.6.x.x.

unfortunately these events are true for all Power PMAC users who started development in firmware version 1.5.x.x and moved to 1.6.x.x

Here is how to fix it:

1. Using windows explorer navigate to your project folder.

2. Under the project navigate to Configuration folder.

3. Delete all files EXCEPT the following files:

- pp_disable.txt

- pp_inc_disable.txt

- pp_inc_startup.txt

- pp_proj.ini

- pp_startup.txt

4. Issue a $$$*** and SAVE on Power PMAC.

5. (Re)Download the latest released Power PMAC Firmware to Power PMAC.

6. Once installation is completed, issue a SAVE on Power PMAC.

7. Download your project to Power PMAC.

8. Issue a SAVE.

The problem is caused by a bug in the project download which it corrupts

a couple of setting files on the Power PMAC. Redownloading the firmware revives the proper files and deleting the corrupted files from your project prevents them from downloading.

This problem will be fixed in the next release of the IDE and firmware.

Hello Sina,

Thank you for the clear resolution including numbered steps and the motivation/reasons why this resolves the issue.

Please kindly include the firmware/ver. numbers you are referring to. Since you posted today, I presume you are speaking about "all firmware before version 1.6" but in a few months we may not recall where this message fell in the release numbers/IDE version numbers timeline.

Firmware which has this issue is: _________ ?

IDE ver which (sometimes?) incorrectly changes files settings is ________?

Thank You.

a couple of setting files on the Power PMAC. Redownloading the firmware revives the proper files and deleting the corrupted files from your project prevents them from downloading.

AccurateMovements,

Thanks for pointing this out. Original post will be updated with this information.

Hello Sina,

Thank you for the clear resolution including numbered steps and the motivation/reasons why this resolves the issue.

Please kindly include the firmware/ver. numbers you are referring to. Since you posted today, I presume you are speaking about "all firmware before version 1.6" but in a few months we may not recall where this message fell in the release numbers/IDE version numbers timeline.

Firmware which has this issue is: _________ ?

IDE ver which (sometimes?) incorrectly changes files settings is ________?

Thank You.

I too have experienced the same issue when updating from previous 1.5 firmware and IDE to versions 1.6, that every time I open the IDE it tells me the currently loaded project differs from what is loaded on PPMAC. I have tried Sina's procedure to correct the issue twice now, to no avail. Are there any other suggestions? I am currently using Firmware 1.6.0.30 and IDE 1.6.0.109. I updated from Firmware 1.5.8.245 and IDE 1.6.0.41 4/25/13.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
I have the problem or conflict between PowerPmac System Setup and the configuration file. It looks that the save on PowerPMAC does not save the System Setup, and if I open the System Setup and Accept each Motor it will recognize the setup other wise the configuration is not stable some times yes it works and after turn off and On the configuration is not in PPMAc. I am using Absolute Encoders and the plc to read the encoders are working but the Setup and configuration are not. any Idea why? And yes, I update to 1.6 version ,and $$$*** and save and redo a new solution. I need to have very clear why the settings on the System Setup are changing and why the configuration file does not take the system set up file.... The System Setup does not let me Save setup the file.. because is online?

I have the problem or conflict between PowerPmac System Setup and the configuration file. It looks that the save on PowerPMAC does not save the System Setup, and if I open the System Setup and Accept each Motor it will recognize the setup other wise the configuration is not stable some times yes it works and after turn off and On the configuration is not in PPMAc. I am using Absolute Encoders and the plc to read the encoders are working but the Setup and configuration are not. any Idea why? And yes, I update to 1.6 version ,and $$$*** and save and redo a new solution. I need to have very clear why the settings on the System Setup are changing and why the configuration file does not take the system set up file.... The System Setup does not let me Save setup the file.. because is online?

Luis,

Most likely your saved configuration is getting overwritten by a file in your project. Check to make sure your project is not changing settings that you have saved.