OMRON Forums

Forward Kinematics Commanded Positions Error

acarder

I have a set of kinematics that is setup to have two modes. In mode 1 (P1338 = 2), I have a complicated relationship where I am not able to determine the commanded position based on the axis positions, so I use the last commanded position in the forward kinematics. In mode 2 (P1338 = 3), the kinematics are linear, but I use the motors current position to calculate the Q vars since these axes are always absolute.

Here is the problem: When I start a program in the mode 1 of my kinematics and try to switch over to mode 2, I never get the right starting point when I start commanding the axes. I switch the mode with a p variable, issue a pmatch surrounded by dwells, and then command the axes to go to zero. If I have been in mode 1 and the axes are not at zero to begin with, then the machine does not go to zero.

If I am using the actual axis positions to generate the starting commands (Q Vars) in forward kinematics and I issue a pmatch, what could possibly affect the kinematics? It seems as though a hidden command from the last kinematic mode is affecting the outcome. I have already checked my position bias (Mx64) and compensation correction (Mx69). If I run my routine when my last program was ran in my mode 2 kinematics, everything works great.

Inverse Kinematics:

IF(P1338 =2)

CalculationA = Complicated relationship depending on commanded A/B and direction machine is heading

CalculationB = Complicated relationship depending on commanded A/B and direction machine is heading

P5 = CalculationA*Scale

P6 = CalculationB*Scale

ENDIF

IF(P1338 = 3)

P5 = Q1*Scale

P5 = Q2*Scale

ENDIF

Forward Kinematics:

IF(P1338 =2)

;Since my machine is not moving at the time forward kinematics are ran, I cannot know what command caused the current position, so I use the last commanded P5 and P6

Q1 = P5/Scale

Q2 = P6/Scale

ENDIF

IF(P1338 = 3)

;I can't seem to trust the last commanded, so I use the current position as my start (my A/B axes are always absolute)

Q1 = M562/(32*I508)/Scale

Q2 = M662/(32*I608)/Scale

ENDIF

My routine to zero out some axes if I start in mode 1 (P1338 = 2) kinematics...

DWELL20

P1338 = 3 ;Switch to direct command of A/B axes

DWELL20

COMMAND "PMATCH"

DWELL20

ABS

RAPID

A0 B0

DWELL1000

P1338 = 2 ;Switch to complicated kinematics

DWELL20

COMMAND "PMATCH"

DWELL20

Any insight would be very useful, Thanks

Adam

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't figure out what is going on here. The PMAC simply takes the motor commanded position register (Mxx61) with any applicable offsets as the input to the forward kinematics. It should only differ from the Mxx62 value you use by the following error, and it is better to use the commanded position for this. It should not matter how your motors got to their present position - all that matters is where they are.