OMRON Forums

PEWIN32 Pro2 in Win 8.1

agman

This is my first post to the general forum so please excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

I am able to communicate with a UMAC CPU using PEWIN32 Pro2 on a laptop running WIN 8.1 except that the Terminal dialog pops up a generic error message: "Class not registered". Other dialogs such as Position, Watch, etc. work fine. I suspect that this laptop is missing some COM or the likes that is normally expected in a WIN7 OS.

Any idea what might be required?

Thanks,

Scott

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott,

During your installation a vital library "msflxgrd.ocx" failed to register. There could be two reasons for for this error.

Either Pewin32PRo2 Suite installation was done as normal user and NOT as and administrator or

Computer did not restart properly after installation before launching Pewin32PRo2 executable

To resolve the problem do the following:

1. Remove previous installation and re-install Pewin32PRo2 Suite with administrative privileges and restart the computer, if the problem does not go away then

2. Launch command Window with administrative privileges and issue the command

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\msflxgrd.ocx (32-bit Windows) or

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWow64\msflxgrd.ocx (64-bit Windows)

This should resolve the issue.

Farooq

Hi Farooq,

I reinstalled making sure that the Setup.exe ran with Admin privileges. Then I registered msflxgrd.ocx in SysWow64 successfully.

But the terminal dialog in PEWIN32Pro2 still gives a "Class not registered." pop up error.