OMRON Forums

Problems with IDE

mshaver

I had recently installed IDE 1.5-something. I was given an application that my distributor successfully downloaded to PPMAC in a training/demo system that he used to move a stage for training. I attempted to compile and download the same app with no changes to the very same PPMAC. IDE kept locking up. Had to kill IDE and 2 instances of Make.exe with task manager and restart. After getting completely frustrated I downloaded IDE 1.6 just now and installed it. Same crap. IDE locks up completely after "Uploading and syncing PMAC variables.". Can see hard drive working, but IDE has just gone to sleep and is unresponsive and has the dreaded hour glass. Nice! Went to kill it in Task Manager, killed 2 instances of Make.exe first, for whatever reason, went back to IDE and noticed that after killing the two instances of make.exe the IDE came back from the dead and issued the message that the download was successful. ??? Sure enough, the PPMAC now had an executing program and I was able to move the demo stage.

"Total Project Build and Download time = 464.281 sec" = 7.7 minutes. It's a tiny demo program of about 15 lines. Obviously, it does not take 7.7 minutes to compile and download this tiny program so this is clearly a case of the IDE hanging up some how associated with 2 instances of Make.exe not closing.

So what do I have to do? Go in and kill 2 instances of Make.exe after every download? Nice!

Not very impressed so far.

Mark Shaver

mshaver@pekoprecision.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I set all the C source file Build Actions to Content instead of compile, the problem goes away. So the problem apparently has to do with Make.exe and the compiling of C source files.

This is the case on IDE version 1.5 and 1.6, Windows XP

I know that the anti-virus software my company uses seems to interfere with the compile and make programs used by the Power PMAC IDE.

I can get my C programs to compile when the anti-virus is running, but it generally takes 2 or 3 minutes. If I temporarily disable our anti-virus, the IDE will compile in less than 30 seconds.

I know that the anti-virus software my company uses seems to interfere with the compile and make programs used by the Power PMAC IDE.

I can get my C programs to compile when the anti-virus is running, but it generally takes 2 or 3 minutes. If I temporarily disable our anti-virus, the IDE will compile in less than 30 seconds.

Which AntiVirus?

Which AntiVirus?

Trend Micro OfficeScan

Kaspersky did the same to us (for other IDEs as well). Developers were first allowed to exclude their source folders, then disable on-access file scans, then finally remove the AV software altogether!!

I wonder if the PPMAC IDE may suffer from having 21,937 c-files and 21,220 h-files under the Program Files which may not be excludable under certain enterprise rules and possibly get accessed during the build...

I would experiment excluding that if I had any AV software running!