OMRON Forums

Hall Effect Phasing Utility

Richard Naddaf

This utility aides in setting up hall effect phasing with any Turbo PMAC (i.e. Geo Brick Drive, Geo Brick LV, Brick Controller) Notes: - The motor must be able to jog at this point (being phased manually, using stepper or 2-guess method) - Any motor # can be used for setup, no sequential steps are required - This Utility is only compatible with the Pro2 version of the PMAC executive software. (version 4.2.0 and higher)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='Richard' pid='278' dateline='1262646092'] This utility aides in setting up hall effect phasing with any Turbo PMAC (i.e. Geo Brick Drive, Geo Brick LV, Brick Controller) Notes: - The motor must be able to jog at this point (being phased manually, using stepper or 2-guess method) - Any motor # can be used for setup, no sequential steps are required - This Utility is only compatible with the Pro2 version of the PMAC executive software. (version 4.2.0 and higher) [/quote] This does not work with parallel feedback encoders as it cannot deal with different count for commutation and for position feedback. Can you post the source so that I could modify it, or can you modify it so that it observs the phase counter for generating travel information? Thanks

• 1 month later...
[quote='JeffLowe' pid='431' dateline='1275680687'] [quote='Richard' pid='278' dateline='1262646092'] This utility aides in setting up hall effect phasing with any Turbo PMAC (i.e. Geo Brick Drive, Geo Brick LV, Brick Controller) Notes: - The motor must be able to jog at this point (being phased manually, using stepper or 2-guess method) - Any motor # can be used for setup, no sequential steps are required - This Utility is only compatible with the Pro2 version of the PMAC executive software. (version 4.2.0 and higher) [/quote] This does not work with parallel feedback encoders as it cannot deal with different count for commutation and for position feedback. Can you post the source so that I could modify it, or can you modify it so that it observs the phase counter for generating travel information? Thanks [/quote] Apparently it does not work in anything other than basic systems. It worked fine with one ACC24E2A and one ACC51E, but would not work with the second ACC24E2A and ACC51E in the same system. Basically faulted the axis in excess FE and returned a no unique values fault. I ended up using the Hall Effect Phasing app note which I can no longer find on the web site.

Following error is the result of the motor not being phased properly. If you are checking the box for phasing the motor from the utility, try increasing the magnetization current. If you are doing "your own" or manual phasing prior to using the utility, make sure you can jog the motor before using the Halls utility. The "no unique values" message implies that the Hall Effect Zero is very close to a roll-over point. This utility is not a released product, it is a debugging tool and mainly aimed for basic motor-A quad B setups. I will check higher axis-numbers functionality. I have not really used it for motors #9 and/or above. Let me find out if I can get you the source code when I get back in the office (we are at SemiCon West this week).

[quote='Richard' pid='508' dateline='1278906365'] Following error is the result of the motor not being phased properly. If you are checking the box for phasing the motor from the utility, try increasing the magnetization current. If you are doing "your own" or manual phasing prior to using the utility, make sure you can jog the motor before using the Halls utility. The "no unique values" message implies that the Hall Effect Zero is very close to a roll-over point. [/quote] I manually stepper commutate the motor so it is phased correctly and can jog. Hall transition is not at the zero crossover.