OMRON Forums

Power PMAC as EtherCAT slave

ssamak

Hi,

Is it possible to configure the Power PMAC (Etherlite or Brick or any other versions) to work as an EtherCAT slave to *receive* cyclic position commands in order to perform the servo loop for a motor (together with an amplifier etc..)?

We have an application for motion control that generates cyclic position commands for multiple axis, and looking at the capabilities of Delta-Tau Power PMAC, it can be an excellent drive controller.

I only saw in the manual that the PMAC can *generate* cyclic position commands through EtherCAT for *other* drives to close the servo loop.

Best Regards,

Samoil

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

We have tried to call you several times at the number registered in your profile to speak about this application. You should have a message from Mr. Philippe Gaspard requesting a call back. You can reach us at +41.52.633.0451. It would be good to talk as there are several details to discuss that are easier by phone than by text.

The short answer to you question is that we also have the possibility to be an EtherCat slave.

Selecting the best way to do this for your needs is one of the items we would like to discuss. If there is a better number than the one in your profile please send it to me at bradp@deltatau.com and I will use it to contact you.