OMRON Forums

Acc5E3 I/O

KennNova

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the heading IO Port Setup, the manual describes how to configure the general purpose IO as either inputs or outputs and inverting or non-inverting. For an inverting I/O point, 0=+5V and 1=0V, and for a non-inverting I/O point, 0=0V; 1=+5V. It is TTL logic. A connection diagram would be helpful, wouldn't it? We are getting those into the I/O manuals now as they are created or revised.

Under the heading IO Port Setup, the manual describes how to configure the general purpose IO as either inputs or outputs and inverting or non-inverting. For an inverting I/O point, 0=+5V and 1=0V, and for a non-inverting I/O point, 0=0V; 1=+5V. It is TTL logic. A connection diagram would be helpful, wouldn't it? We are getting those into the I/O manuals now as they are created or revised.

Thanks Greg. The TTL signal level is a show stopper for us. 5 volt logic is pretty much useless in our market of industrial control. We'll have to go another route for the extra I/O we need.

I could make a recommendation based on the I/O requirements. Note that the ACC-5E has a JIO port which connects to Opto-22 style boards, and a JTHW port which connects the ACC-34AA, but you would lose Gate 3 style MACRO which provides more nodes at lower cost.