OMRON Forums

PEWin32 comm prolem usig old version

twj

We are attempting to restart a machine that has not been used for half a decade. Initially the machine restarted successfully, but we had problems with homing of a couple of linear axis. I tried using the installed PEWin32 (v 1.9xx - very old) but had problems with it not being ale to restore PLCs and Programs from a backup .cfg file. So I installed the latest Pro2 suite and was able to get past my restore problem, however since then the control application is not ale to communicate with the Turbo PMAC anymore (TCP/IP communication returns error 10001 which is documented in their manuals as communication failure).

The control application is from a machine vendor that is o longer in business ad we do not have source code so we cannot debug easily.

So here are my questions, hope someone can help me:

1. Is it possible that installing and/or using the Pro2 suite has reset my PMAC IP address (it is ow 100.100.100.51), I could have sworn that before I installed the Pro2 suite I could not ping that address, nnow I can and that is now definitely the address of my PMAC.

2. Is there a logging version of PEWin32 available that will log all client calls, so that I can see what the application is trying to do and what fails.

If not than I will have to write my own DLL that will intercept all calls and returns - not fun.

3. If it is not an IP address issue, but a DLL compatibility issue then is there a way to restore the state of the DLLs to the level prior to Pro2 suite installation, Un-installing the Pro2 suite did not fix the problems and I see that many DLLs in the System 32 directory have been left updated.

Again any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our latest Pro2 suite will not change the device IP on installation. This is still only done with the USB/Ethernet config program. If you application was compiled with a previous version of the driver this is probably your issue.

We would need to know more details about the PMAC hardware you have and the application and driver version it is based on.

Our latest Pro2 suite will not change the device IP on installation. This is still only done with the USB/Ethernet config program. If you application was compiled with a previous version of the driver this is probably your issue.

We would need to know more details about the PMAC hardware you have and the application and driver version it is based on.

Steve, thak you for your reply.

The PMAC hardware is:

Main chassis: TURBO PMAC2 CPU; 2x 4-AXIS INTERFACE; Power Supply

Explosion chassis: 2 power supplies; 2 AXIS PWM APM; 4 LOGOSOL SERVO AMPS;

PMAC Win32 Executive v2.38

Application is a Litrex industrial printer application (Litrex is o longer in business)

This is a very old (and obsolete) version of the driver. Any host software compiled under this version will not run with the Pro2 version of the driver.

We can provide you with the installation for this older executive (and drivers) but it may not run well under Windows7. You should completely un-install the Pro2 version first.

You can find it at this link on our FTP-site:

ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/nc%202.36-2.38/

See the "readme.txt" file there for details.

Steve,

I made sure all Pro2 components are removed and re-installed PEWIN32 v2.38 from your download site, but that still did not help.

Do you know of a logging version of the PCOMM32.dll which would log all calls made with their parameters ad results. I still think that somehow my IP address got changed in the PMAC to the default address 100.100.100.51 and the application is actually trying to connect to a different address ad that is why it fails, but I would need to log the PCOMM32.dll calls to see that. If you do not know of any logging version of the DLL than I will have to write a layer DLL to place between my application and PCOMM32.dll to intercept my application's calls. Someone had to have come across such a situation before ad created such a DLL. Please ask around if anyone at Delta Tau had heard of it.

Thanks.

Steve,

After long sessions of debugging I found that they are trying to use calls into the PComm32.dll to send/receive data with the PMAC over Ethernet. What I think has happened is that the PComm32.dll was damaged due to disk error and I restored it by re-loading the PEWin32 package that they supplied on their product CD which was version 2.38, but the PComm32.dll that they had on the tool must have been a newer version with support for TCP/IP. Also when I tried with the Pro2 suite that version seems incompatible. Could you point me at a version of PComm32.dll that supports TCPIP, that is an earlier version than that from Pro2 suite/

much appreciate it,