OMRON Forums

User servo configuration persistence

gshort

I have hit an issue with the setting up of a user servo from the IDE. If I use the "User Servo Setup" menu item from the Realtime Routines to select my servo code and then build and download, my servo works fine.

If I close the IDE and some time later reopen it, the fact that I have previously selected a user servo does not appear to be saved in the project, so if I perform subsequent changes and do a new build and download, my user servo does not appear to be active. This is particularly true if I have to reboot the power pmac for some reason. When I go in to the IDE after the reboot, I have to remember to select the user servo each time before building and downloading, otherwise my servo will not be running.

I would have expected this configuration to be saved in the project rather than my having to select it each time. There is some information being saved in the IDE as when I invoke the "User Servo Setup" menu item again it already has the name of the user servo function in the box for the motor concerned.

I am using Firmware 1.5.8 and IDE 1.5.0.21

Thanks

Graham

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This problem is fixed in a later IDE version. Since DT is working to get the next release finished, unless it is urgent or just causing too many other problems, I suggest you try and wait for the release which I believe will happen sometime in November 2013.