OMRON Forums

Crystal clock oscillator accuracy

corto

Dear all,

I am writing thesis about the device that I developed using Delta Tau Turbo PMAC. Since I am pointing out on some characteristics of PMAC, I would like to ask you if you could address where I can find the accuracy of the Crystal Clock oscillator. I found in the user manual that is 50 ppm or 10 ppm. Is this related to the frequency that crystal clock oscillator has?

This is a bit confusing, therefore I would like to find something that tells what is the uncertainty of the frequency and how much this can influence the calculation of the Time to Move, or similar calculation of time.

If you could suggest some white papers, publish materials, conference proceedings or similar I would be very happy.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The standard frequency accuracy specification from our component suppliers for the crystal clock oscillators is +/-50ppm from the nominal frequency. On a few of our products, we offer at extra charge an oscillator with a +/-10ppm specification. Ultimately, all times in the PMAC are derived by counting these clock cycles, so this is also the tolerance for things like commanded move times.