OMRON Forums

gcc compiler options for realtime routines.

pennells

Is there a way that, while using the IDE, you can change the gcc compiler options for the generation of usralgo.ko? It appears that the -O2 option is being added to the Makefile and can result in incorrect compilations of for loops assigning values from arrays of double in structures. Manually unraveling the loop into statements works correctly but the assignment in the for loop does not. This seems to be a reported bug to gcc (as late as version 4.5.2) when using the -O2 option but we can't seem to not use the option.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point we only allow custom compilation for Background C Programs. you can compile your code outside of the IDE, but I would need to give you instructions on how to do that. If you are interested n doing so, please email me at: drog@deltatau.com and I will let you know how to do this.

Dro,

Is there a way that, while using the IDE, you can change the gcc compiler options for the generation of usralgo.ko? It appears that the -O2 option is being added to the Makefile and can result in incorrect compilations of for loops assigning values from arrays of double in structures. Manually unraveling the loop into statements works correctly but the assignment in the for loop does not. This seems to be a reported bug to gcc (as late as version 4.5.2) when using the -O2 option but we can't seem to not use the option.