OMRON Forums

Diagnostics under Tools}System Setup

JeffLowe

My system setup under the Tools drop down does not show any motors. How do I make it draw the motor setup information from the PPMAC?

Also, I have edited the custom amplifier.xml file to add additional amplifier models, but when I try to load I get the following:

5/22/2013 :2:35 PM - 192.168.0.200, Module - Setup Motor : There was some exception while There was some error while importing data from the file {0}.. Details : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. .

5/22/2013 :2:35 PM - 192.168.0.200, Module - Setup Motor : There was some error while importing data from the file C:\Users\jlowe\workspace\PPMAC Checkout\PowerNC IDE\PowerNC IDE\CustomAmplifierDb.xml.

Is there any where to find the nature of the error beyond "some error"

I have validated the XML with an online checker, and so do not believe there are any glaring syntax errors in it.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that each instance of the IDE has its own database that contains the motor defs, amp defs, and motor configurations. What I do is export these to XML using the System Setup exports and then store them with the project (ex: in Database folder) in our configuration management system. Then, when we install a new instance of the IDE somewhere, I load them back in from the XML files.

As for the errors you're seeing, I wonder if you exported those files using a different version of the IDE than what you are using to load them.