OMRON Forums

Acc-24M2A Using PFM

RaphaelM

Hello,

I'm trying to drive a stepper motor with encoder on an ACC-24M2A by MACRO ring.

I work on a UMAC rack with a Power PMAC CPU and an ACC-5E3 card.

The communication by MACRO works. I can see the encoder feedback in the IDE.

I have added the jumpers E5 and E6 to generate PFM signal on J11 & J12 connectors (Pinout : Pulse+ 9 / Pulse- 22 / Dir+ 8 / Dir- 21).

Motor[9].pDac = Acc5E3[1].MacroOutA[0][2] // PWMC to drive in PFM

The Pulse signal seems be wrong. It's a TTL signal but it's to the high level during 95% of the time. It's as if there was an inversion between low and high levels.

The PFM_CLK is at 305.72 kHz (M993 = 2298).

I have checked the *.PwmDeadTime (MI994) of the acc-24M2A, but it seems be ok (=15, so PFM Pulse width = 49 us).

To conclude, the Driver can't detect the edges.

Anybody have any idea? I can give more details.

Thanks for your help,

Raphael

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you sure? For now, I have a TTL signal 0 - +5 Volts.

There is just something strange concerning the duty rate.

If I make an inversion as you say, I will have a negative signal 0 - -5 Volts.

Regards,

Raphael Millet

Raphael,

The pulse and direction output on most of Delta Tau products are driven by CMOS differential line drivers which meet the standard RS-422 requirements. This means that each line (non-inverting and inverting) are both in CMOS levels. Both inverting and non-inverting signals are always between 0 to 5V. The line driver used on ACC-24M2A in particular has the following thresholds for low and high signals:

Vout - High : Min 2.5V

Vout - Low: Max 0.5V

The line receiver on the stepper drive combines these complementary signals through a differential line receiver and reconstructs the original pulse and direction signals. Please see the following diagram showing the signal levels compared to the input signal.

1651609206_2013-05-1821_22_08-DataSheetsPreview.png.741a669a5282dab3cdcf56347809d03f.png

For further information on this line driver, please check the documentation for ST34C87 QUAD RS-422 CMOS Differential Line Driver.