OMRON Forums

RunTimeError on programmed zero move length

paddax

I'm assuming I have something wrong here but here are my conclusions.

Given the following motion program running in a simple #1->1000X coordinate system.

open prog 1

linear

F1000

X1

X2

X3

X3

X3

close

When this program is run at the point the system hits the second X3 the program aborts with RunTimeError.

It appears that programming the same position twice while Coord[x].NoBlend=0 (the default condition) causes the error.

Changing the program to the following allowed the program to run

open prog 1

linear

F1000

X1

X2

X3

X3.00000001

X3.00000002

close

It appears any closer to coincidence of two sequencial moves causes a RunTimeError.

Addendum

An incremental move of 0 causes the same problem.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I can duplicate this problem is by having my TA acceleration time and TS S-curve time both set to 0 (and no segmentation time as well). When this is done, the move time evaluates to exactly 0. This would also command infinite acceleration in your trajectories, so should be avoided.

• 2 weeks later...

That caught me out, why is the default an invalid value?

I don't work for Delta Tau so I can't speak for them, but if it were me I would put a default accel of zero just because it would be dangerous for them to assume a "safe" accelleration for your system. I can imagine some bad scenarios. I believe its good practice to assign your accel and velocity on every prog or at least at startup of the system.

KEJR