Windows 8 & PEWin32 Pro2 Suite

timlockert

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have loaded and tested it in Win8 64bit and works fine.

I've only worked with Pewin...

mike

Mike,

I can't update the driver on a windows 8.1 machine. The device manager sees the Umac. But I get an error when I try to update the drive.

I downloaded the lastest drivers and pwinpro2 from the website.

See image

Mark

Screenshot%20(2).png

I think that someone else had this problem. This was the solution:

Copy these files onto a USB stick:

Windows\INF\PmacUSB.inf

Windows\INF\DeltaTau43.cat

Windows\System32\Drivers\PmacUSB.sys

Go to the device in Device Manager, select Properties, Update Driver Software…, Browse, Let me pick…, Have Disk, and then browse to and select the USB stick.

• 1 month later...

This is my first post to the forum so please excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

I am able to communicate with a UMAC CPU using PEWIN32 Pro2 on a laptop running WIN 8.1 except that the Terminal dialog pops up a generic error message: "Class not registered". Other dialogs such as Position, Watch, etc. work fine. I suspect that this laptop is missing some COM or the likes that is normally expected in a WIN7 OS.

Any idea what might be required?

Thanks,

Scott

This is my first post to the forum so please excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

I am able to communicate with a UMAC CPU using PEWIN32 Pro2 on a laptop running WIN 8.1 except that the Terminal dialog pops up a generic error message: "Class not registered". Other dialogs such as Position, Watch, etc. work fine. I suspect that this laptop is missing some COM or the likes that is normally expected in a WIN7 OS.

Any idea what might be required?

Thanks,

Scott

No I'm not sure.

Please create a new post in the forum to get help from all the support staff on this.

Only suggestion I have is same old with windows, be sure to have Admin privileges, turn the UAC all the way down, uninstall, restart, reinstall...

Please update the post when/if you find a solution.

Thanks,

mike