OMRON Forums

About position Compenstation of XY table

Steven

I am a newer in using turbo PMAC motion system, i am a little confused of position compensation.

#2 motor is Y axis, #3 motor is X axis; I want to compensate X and Y axis linearity using laser interferometer and XY perpendicularity at the same time, how to write compensation command?

is the following right?

#3 DEFINE COMP 20,30000

#2 DEFINE COMP 20,30000

#2 DEFINE COMP #3,#2,2,300000

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steven,

I changed your comp table definitions below. The entries must be in descending order and cannot be repeated, so now it goes down in the order of #3, #2, #1. #3 and #2 are the source motors in the first two entries, respectively. The #1 in the last entry is only a place holder because the source motor is specified as #3. I moved the numbers 30000, 30000, and 300000, assuming that these values represent the number of table entries. Should the cross comp table (entry #1) have a count length of only 2?

#3 DEFINE COMP 30000 20

#2 DEFINE COMP 30000 20

#1 DEFINE COMP 300000 #3,#2, 2

Note that deleting entries must be done in reverse order (start with #1 entry).

Note that in typical usage the number of entries is smaller than the span in counts so some of the original argument order may have been correct. Also note the correct syntax for these are (see the Turbo PMAC Software Reference manual for details):

DEFINE COMP {# of entries}, [#{source motor number}[D],[#{target motor number},]] {count length}

This would make your original entries:

#3 DEFINE COMP 20,30000

#2 DEFINE COMP 20,30000

#1 DEFINE COMP 2,#3,#2,300000

• 4 weeks later...

I am a newer in using turbo PMAC motion system, i am a little confused of position compensation.

#2 motor is Y axis, #3 motor is X axis; I want to compensate X and Y axis linearity using laser interferometer and XY perpendicularity at the same time, how to write compensation command?

is the following right?

#3 DEFINE COMP 20,30000

#2 DEFINE COMP 20,30000

#2 DEFINE COMP #3,#2,2,300000

For compensating XY perpendicularity it is much easier to do it in your coordinate system definition. For example:

#1->9990X-5Y

#2->10002Y

The angle between the axis determines the relative values.

This only addresses perpendicularity, straightness would have to be done with a 2D table.