OMRON Forums

Setting up Home on power pmac with sinusoidal encoder and reference mark

tweekzilla

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty setting up homing using a reference mark with a sinusoidal encoder. The reference is input into the INDEX pins on the ACC24E3. It reads a differential of +0.5V when at the reference point.

How do i setup a PLC to use this reference mark for homing? I would also like to drive to a limit and the move out from that limit to the reference point. I think this is possible from the manual but I'm having difficulty implementing it

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to follow these steps in a PLC with proper flag control, but the main idea is the same:

1. Since you're using sinusoidal encoder on ACC-24E3, set Motor[x].EncType = 6. This will setup all of the following parameters to proper values required for sinusoidal encoder on ACC-24E3: AmpEnableBit, AmpFaultBit, CaptFlagBit, CaptPosLeftShift, CaptPosRightShift, CaptPosRound, LimitBits

(This is assuming you have a limit flag. If you want to reference to hard stop follow the steps 2, *3*, 4* and 5* instead)

(Actual Over-travel Limit Flag)

2. Disable the limits by setting Motor[x].pLimits=0 and Motor[x].CaptureMode=0.

3. Setup ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptCtrl and ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptFlagChan accordingly to capture based upon the limit flag input.

4. Adjust the home velocity with proper direction toward the hardware over-travel limit and issue a home command and wait until homing is complete to the limit.

5. Move out of the limit and re-enable the flags by setting Motor[x].pLimits to proper address.

(Referencing to hard-stop)

2*. Set Motor[x].CaptureMode=2. This will allow the motor position to be captured as home position if the following error exceeds the Motor[x].WarnFeLimit.

3*. Adjust the home velocity with proper direction toward the hard-stop and issue a home command and wait until homing is completed.

4*. Move out of the hard-stop.

(Common: homing to index pulse)

6. Set Motor[x].CaptureMode=0.

7. Setup ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptCtrl and ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptFlagChan accordingly to capture based upon the index pulse.

8. Adjust the home velocity with proper direction toward the first index into the work space and out of the limit.

9. Issue a home command and wait until homing is completed.

• 3 months later...

You need to follow these steps in a PLC with proper flag control, but the main idea is the same:

1. Since you're using sinusoidal encoder on ACC-24E3, set Motor[x].EncType = 6. This will setup all of the following parameters to proper values required for sinusoidal encoder on ACC-24E3: AmpEnableBit, AmpFaultBit, CaptFlagBit, CaptPosLeftShift, CaptPosRightShift, CaptPosRound, LimitBits

(This is assuming you have a limit flag. If you want to reference to hard stop follow the steps 2, *3*, 4* and 5* instead)

(Actual Over-travel Limit Flag)

2. Disable the limits by setting Motor[x].pLimits=0 and Motor[x].CaptureMode=0.

3. Setup ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptCtrl and ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptFlagChan accordingly to capture based upon the limit flag input.

4. Adjust the home velocity with proper direction toward the hardware over-travel limit and issue a home command and wait until homing is complete to the limit.

5. Move out of the limit and re-enable the flags by setting Motor[x].pLimits to proper address.

(Referencing to hard-stop)

2*. Set Motor[x].CaptureMode=2. This will allow the motor position to be captured as home position if the following error exceeds the Motor[x].WarnFeLimit.

3*. Adjust the home velocity with proper direction toward the hard-stop and issue a home command and wait until homing is completed.

4*. Move out of the hard-stop.

(Common: homing to index pulse)

6. Set Motor[x].CaptureMode=0.

7. Setup ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptCtrl and ACC24E3.Chan[j].CaptFlagChan accordingly to capture based upon the index pulse.

8. Adjust the home velocity with proper direction toward the first index into the work space and out of the limit.

9. Issue a home command and wait until homing is completed.

Thanks Sina,

Sorry for the slow response but I manged to get the above to work fine