OMRON Forums

Firmware Update Problem - SOLVED

Felix

Attempting to update the Power PMAC firmware the fails due to the following: Kernel has unusable page offset. Contact Delta Tau for kernel upgrade. The complete error log is attached. We are currently using the latest Power PMAC Suite with Version 1.0.0.28 Date: 08/17/2009. Our Power PMAC is currently at Firmware Version 1.0.0.17 Date: 05/07/2009 Could you please provide a solution for this problem? Thank you, Felix

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='Felix' pid='199' dateline='1251210448'] Attempting to update the Power PMAC firmware the fails due to the following: Kernel has unusable page offset. Contact Delta Tau for kernel upgrade. The complete error log is attached. We are currently using the latest Power PMAC Suite with Version 1.0.0.28 Date: 08/17/2009. Our Power PMAC is currently at Firmware Version 1.0.0.17 Date: 05/07/2009 Could you please provide a solution for this problem? Thank you, Felix [/quote] Anyone who wishes to install any new firmware (dated June 11 2009 or later) and who has a system with a kernel dated prior to June 11 2009 must first update the kernel. To upgrade the kernel use the IDE. Select the following menus, Delta Tau , Configure , Download Firmware When the Download Firmware tab appears click the Kernel Tab followed by the Kernel button then select the uImage file you downloaded and unzipped from this post. The reason for the kernel update is to give larger internal buffers. They were limited at 32MB and with this kernel the program buffer is 1GB [attachment=1342:name]

• 5 years later...
Is this uImage.zip file still valid? I needed to update my firmware and found this page. When I attempted to update the firmware, it looked like everything was written and verified, but then I could not get reconnected to PPMAC through the IDE. I can telnet in but if I type in "gpascii" at root@192.168.100.210:/opt/ppmac# prompt, I get the following error message: "Xenomai: incompatible ABI revision level (user-space requires '3', kernel provides '1')."