OMRON Forums

EtherCAT: Sync Manager use

andyf

It seems possible to map high/low priority tasks directly to the PDO index/subindex without the PPMAC PDO, PDOMapping, and SyncManager data structures being correct. This leads me to believe that the Sync Manager data structure is not always used.

For example, in my other post "EtherCAT PDO data structure not loaded correctly" I mentioned that for the EL2004 digital output, the PDO, PDO Mappings, and Sync Manager data structures created via PPMAC auto-config are not correct. However, I am still able to map IO[] to the desired Index/Subindex, and use it in a PLC. What gives?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The digital and analog I/O modules ie. EL1xxx,EL2xxx,EL3xxx,EL4xxx have built in mappings. The PDO Mapping and SyncManagers are already configured in the device therefore no configuration is necessary to map the I/O and it will work.

The software attempts to setup the structures to match the devices configuration for consistency.

It seems possible to map high/low priority tasks directly to the PDO index/subindex without the PPMAC PDO, PDOMapping, and SyncManager data structures being correct. This leads me to believe that the Sync Manager data structure is not always used.

For example, in my other post "EtherCAT PDO data structure not loaded correctly" I mentioned that for the EL2004 digital output, the PDO, PDO Mappings, and Sync Manager data structures created via PPMAC auto-config are not correct. However, I am still able to map IO[] to the desired Index/Subindex, and use it in a PLC. What gives?