OMRON Forums

G Code subroutine calls

JeffLowe

In preparing our prog 1000 for the work offset codes we ran across something in the manual or in the actual execution that is a little questionable. In the manual it states:

G54.1 // Call to label N54100: of G-code subprogram

In most dialects of RS-274 where extended work offsets are supported G54 it is not necessary to insert leading zeros in the sub section selection. EG

G54.1 and G54.10 are two different offsets and I would have expected G54.1 to decode to N54001 whereas G54.10 would be N54010.

Is this not the case? I am wondering if the manual is in error, or the implementation is in error.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The manual correctly describes how the PMAC interprets the G-code numbers. The values are intrepreted mathematically, not textually (i.e. the label is the G-code number times 1000). This does permit some nifty extensions when the code number is calculated. It has worked this way in our controllers for over 20 years now.

The manual correctly describes how the PMAC interprets the G-code numbers. The values are intrepreted mathematically, not textually (i.e. the label is the G-code number times 1000). This does permit some nifty extensions when the code number is calculated. It has worked this way in our controllers for over 20 years now.

Thanks Curt, Now I see where this is being handled in PCommServer.