OMRON Forums

How can I change the IP address of the Power PMAC CPU?

Guest LordVoldemort

Guest LordVoldemort
I got a new Power PMAC CPU and based on factory default it has an IP address of 192.168.0.200 . How can I change this address so that I would be able to connect it to my local area network?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LordVoldemort
If you have the Power PMAC Suite installed on your computer you should be able to change the IP address of the Power PMAC from Tools>Options>PowerPMAC>IP Address Change Setup [attachment=1268:name] 1. Make sure that the [b]Current IP Address[/b] matches your PowerPMAC CPU. 2. Type in the new IP address, Subnet Mask and the gateway information in the corresponding fields. 3. Click the Test button. This will first tries to communicate with the CPU using the current IP address (Which may be done through a static route setting on your OS). Then it will set the new IP address, subnet mask and gateway settings on the PowerPMAC and tests the communication one more time. 4. If the result of the test is Ok and you want to keep the settings permanently on the PowerPMAC, Click Apply Permanently button.

• 6 months later...
If you are an advanced user and need to change the IP address from a telnet session follow these steps. 1. First temporarily configure and test the new connection. Rebooting PPMAC will remove all these changes. a. telnet and login to PPMAC b. go to directory /etc {cd /etc} c. enter command {echo newIP > hostname} -> This is only required for the IDE so if you are not going to use the IDE you do not need this step d. go to directory /etc/network {cd /etc/network} e. enter command {sed -i '/address/caddress newIP' interfaces} -> change IP address f. enter command {sed -i '/netmask/cnetmask newNetMask' interfaces} -> change netmask. Usually this stays the same and can be skipped g. enter command {sed -i '/gateway/cgateway newIP' interfaces} -> change gateway which is usually same as the new IP h. ifdown eth0 ; ifup eth0 -> restart ethernet using new IP. This must be done on a single command line. This telnet session will be cutoff. 2. telnet and login to PPMAC using the new IP. If telnet is not successful rebooting PPMAC will start it using the old IP. If the temporary change was successful you can now make it permanent. j. go to directory /opt/etc {cd /opt/etc} k. enter command {mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda1} -> set permission to read write l. cp /etc/hostname /opt/etc/hostname -> copy above temporary setup and make it permanent m. cp /etc/network/interfaces /opt/etc/network/interfaces -> copy above temporary setup and make it permanent n. enter command {mount -o remount,ro /dev/sda1} -> set permission to read only. You must do this to protect the Power PMAC files

• 1 year later...
Why I can't change the PPmac IP address by using PPmac IDE latest version 1.1.0.25 and PPmac's version of firmware 1.2.1.5 ? Exactly I can change it when the power always on,if I power down and power on again the change disappear.

I retry that using the old version PPmac IDE 1.1.0.97(2010-1-18) and PPmac's new firmware version 1.2.1.5 ,I can change PPmac's IP correctly. I think the new version PPmac IDE 1.1.0.97(2010-1-18) maybe have something wrong...

• 6 years later...
This method should work unless the subnet you are changing to is not reachable by the host. You can also set the IP address through a USB stick - see this post for details: http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1156&pid=5101#pid5101 Please contact our Technical Support group with screenshots from the initial screen and all response dialogs to: support@deltatau.com.